Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fortunate enough to attend the preview day last week at the ME Hotel in London.

An excellent professional event by Jaguar. Overall it convinced me to purchase an F Pace....but not yet.

Very impressed by the general design and great rear and boot space offered. It felt very different and novel compared to my other options of the Q5, X3 and Macan. It did create that special unique feeling.

Conversations with the "big wigs" in attendance from Jaguar make me want to wait a year or so before placing and order. Quality issues are apparent but will be remedied. The interior boot cover over the spare wheel was very flimsy compared to my Audi A4 avant. The plastic trims around the rear doors were a bit faux. They also recognise the market research was wrong in not offering a light trim interior to the S models. You will though have to wait a year or so. I have been assured these will be all be updated in due course.

Why I will wait though is the engine options. The engineers recognise the huge gap between the 180bhp diesel and the V6 engines. Luckily the chief engine director was present. He could give no firm dates, but the new ingenium 2 litre petrol engine will happen and fill the gap. Suggestion seemed to be around 12 months from now as the current Ford engine in the XE is replaced. Should offer refinement of the petrol engine and at least 240bhp neatly filling the gap.

I was generally mightily impressed by the whole package, but content to wait until Jaguar get the engine options right and remedy the minor defects which to be frank are apparent in any new release.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. Like you I'm in no hurry to purchase. Next year makes more sense for me as the PCP on my current car is still running and new model problems will hopefully have been resolved.

Interesting news re the 2.0l petrol Ingenium. V6 Petrol excites me but another petrol option would be good. But a new engine may have issues.

Someone I work with had an XE Portfolio with the 2.0 Diesel Ingenium engine as a courtesy car. He said it was very noisy.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Cobstar said:
Thank you for the feedback. Like you I'm in no hurry to purchase. Next year makes more sense for me as the PCP on my current car is still running and new model problems will hopefully have been resolved.

Interesting news re the 2.0l petrol Ingenium. V6 Petrol excites me but another petrol option would be good. But a new engine may have issues.

Someone I work with had an XE Portfolio with the 2.0 Diesel Ingenium engine as a courtesy car. He said it was very noisy.
I'd have to disagree there, I've driven an XF, a Disco Sport & Evoque all with ingenium engines and found them all a lot quieter than my Freelander with an SD4 engine & I don't find that noisy

·
Registered
453 Posts
Cobstar said:
That's a useful benchmark Shaunyt. The Freelancer didn't sound that noisy during a test drive last year. And him indoors used to have a Shogun diesel which wasn't the most refined diesel :)
Perhaps the person you worked with who had a curtesy car , maybe the car had been abused a bit being a curtesy car

·
Registered
453 Posts
Cobstar said:
Possibly. Not sure what engine his XF has but obviously not a diesel Ingenium.
well i have driven both SD4 & ingenium powered XFs the Ingenium was definitely the quieter but the SD4 was by no means a rattler and quite refined, id like the SD4 in the F Pace i think with the 8 speed box would be quite potent but not as fuel efficient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts