Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ICTP locks the screen when you are driving for obvious reasons, but as there isn't the split screen for the passenger this can be frustrating.

What if the passenger wants to use the browser facility etc?

I know on Audi's, Vw's and even the XF it is possible to have this function removed so that all functions of ICTP can be used whilst driving.

Does anyone know how to get this done? I have scoured Google but no luck.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Video in motion that is visible to the driver is highly illegal and spectacularly dangerous to us all.
Even if it's 'for the passenger' or 'the kids' it is a distraction if visible to the driver and should not be encouraged in any way.

Anybody who thinks there are not already enough dickheads and distractions on the roads with phones and shit please step up!!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
The dual view TV on my Evoque deals with this nicely. The passenger sees the TV/DVD whilst the driver sees the sat nav on the same screen. Is this function available on the FP?

I didn't look for it as I've only used it a couple of times. It came with the Lux pack. It's very cool tech but I wouldn't pay for it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
The dual view TV on my Evoque deals with this nicely. The passenger sees the TV/DVD whilst the driver sees the sat nav on the same screen. Is this function available on the FP?

I didn't look for it as I've only used it a couple of times. It came with the Lux pack. It's very cool tech but I wouldn't pay for it.
Split screen is grea t but to my knowledge not available on the FP, and these guys are asking for a regular screen to be enabled for VIM. Instructions to do this should not be posted on a public forum. Seriously bad idea!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Pos.k said:
JLRnumber5 said:

Split screen is grea t but to my knowledge not available on the FP, and these guys are asking for a regular screen to be enabled for VIM. Instructions to do this should not be posted on a public forum. Seriously bad idea!
I had it on a previous car and played music videos through it for the passengers, not once did it distract me, I guess if you get easily distracted then maybe not a great idea but not everyone is the same, there are many distractions when driving not all are mobile phones or what's playing on a screen.

As for being illegal for sure it's bad and not to be recommended unless stationary.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't want it so much for videos as I agree it is not a great idea but many of the other functions shut down too for example the web browser. It would be handy for the passenger to quickly google the nearest Aldi to stock up on nappies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts