Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compared to many others on this forum I have until today completed some 3,600 miles of untroubled driving. Yes I have had 3 instances of ICTP throwing up CD errors, but was happy to wait until someone announces that there has bee the BIG fix...

However, just been out on a run and noticed that when stationary a 'droning' noise has started.... On further investigation it is clearly down to some sort of vibration from the engine...

Anyone else out there had this? - I've booked in to garage but have to wait until 10th October when there is a spare car to loan me!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
AndyS said:
Compared to many others on this forum I have until today completed some 3,600 miles of untroubled driving. Yes I have had 3 instances of ICTP throwing up CD errors, but was happy to wait until someone announces that there has bee the BIG fix...

However, just been out on a run and noticed that when stationary a 'droning' noise has started.... On further investigation it is clearly down to some sort of vibration from the engine...

Anyone else out there had this? - I've booked in to garage but have to wait until 10th October when there is a spare car to loan me!
My Evoque did that ... try turning off the AC and see if it goes away.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
AndyS said:

Having got the same model as you please let us know what they find as would like to keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a drive line vibration on mine that comes in at 50 MPH and again at 68 through to 72 MPH.I think in the old days it was called NHV Noise Harshness and Vibration.The service manager at my dealer has driven the car and agreed that there is an issue and it is booked in next week for further investigation.
I had an interesting conversation with a motoring journalist yesterday who had recently had a FP 2.0 Sport for an extended road test. He experience exactly the same problem with a drive line vibration when accelerating and had reported back to Jaguar. He was told that Jaguar were aware of this problem and that it was under investigation.
Not sure if this problem is just on the 2.0 litre models but I hope there is a fix soon as it has spoiled my enjoyment of driving my F Pace over the last 2500 miles.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been out again this evening and guess what ..... It's GONE!

Got a number of client meetings this week so will be getting more miles on road so will keep an eye out for it returning before cancelling my garage appointment.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
AndyS said:
Been out again this evening and guess what ..... It's GONE!

Got a number of client meetings this week so will be getting more miles on road so will keep an eye out for it returning before cancelling my garage appointment.
Would have you done different, heating on low or high, Aircon on or off?

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Magnus said:
Hello Andy!

Is this related to the acceleration noise discussed in the thread at http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1027?

Samples of the noise in my car:
and
(it's a bit hard to hear, much more obvious in real life)

Regards,
Magnus.
Hi Magnus

Did you get this resolved? What did your dealer say on investigation?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Magnus, that would annoying! Hope you get it sorted soon

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's slowly moving forward. They have had the car in the shop three times now, the last time with experts from the import company on site. Still no verdict...

My dealer have a F-Pace 3.0D demo car with a similar noise (but significant lower), so I'm a bit afraid that they consider this noise being expected in a F-Pace. They, however, have stated that the 3.0D engine does not have this noise in other JLR models, so that's good :)

Anyone else that have this problem and have it under investigation with you dealer?
It would probably help a lot if everyone with this problem reports it to the dealers, so they can bring it up with Jaguar.

Just for curiosity: How many of you with 3.0D engines does NOT have this problem?
(could be very good to know if the dealer comes back and says that this is how the 3.0D engine is expected to sound in an F-Pace...)

Regards,
Magnus.

·
Registered
19 Posts
:)

Just got a mail from my dealer, they want to replace the fuel injectors.
(not sure about the correct translation here, the dealer use the term "spridare" in Swedish)

Oct 12 is my next stop at the shop, hope for the best, will report back to the forum!

Regards,
Magnus.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi Magnus

The first demo car I drove didn't have this. I then drove it again about a month later and it did. So the noise developed around 2000 miles. I drove a subsequent 3.0d and it also had this noise.

My 3.0d now at 800 miles (would be more if it hadn't spent 25% of its time back at dealer) and still does not have it. If it develops it I will insist it's fixed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great!

I'll report back how it works out, hope you can use this information if it happens with your car further on.

Regards,
Magnus.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update on the main topic of this thread .... Done another 500 miles since the other day and not come back (note it was noticeable when stationary).... So now going to cancel garage appointment.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I have the 3 litre engine but would need to hear the noise your talking about as when I am driving all I hear are the tunes from my stereo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ouups, sorry Andy for hijacking your thread! Got carried away I guess :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got my new F-Pace last week and am hearing the same vibration/rattling noise as in the video. Strange that I didn't pick this up in the test drive. It's not a show-stopper for me, but it does detract a little from the enjoyability of the drive on a quiet stretch of road. :(

Going home from work yesterday, I did notice that the noise was not so evident (or perhaps disappeared completely) when I was accelerating on a hairpin bend entering the freeway. Is it possible that the noise is most obvious when accelerating on a straight road? Do you hear/observe the same thing? I'll be definitely testing this again over the next several days.

How have you guys gone with the dealer looking at this issue? Has it been resolved yet? I'll need to look at booking mine in to have it looked at too, so I am really hoping this can be fixed easily. Any update would be really helpful.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bump.

I was wondering how others have gone with getting this checked. I'm really hoping this is a simple fix, because I can even hear this noise over the stereo, which is saying something. For me it really detracts from being a nice drive. It's definitely not normal for a diesel engine.

I'm getting mine looked at on Monday, but was hoping someone else might have had an update before then... Thx.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts