Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a call from jaguar to say that they are having issues with both venom wheels and that my car would not be ready for my march pick up unless I change them has this happened to anyone else

·
Registered
922 Posts
How bizarre, if it is both types that would suggest an issue with the casting rather than the finishing differences between black and diamond turned. Maybe time to ask for a free upgrade to 22" than a compromise ....... oh god.... hang on :roll: .....let's not start that old chestnut off again :? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's ok Jlrnumber5 it's a Vespa with a new badge I was on the wrong forum

Jags cat think you might be right the guy even said they don't know when they would be available and to pick anothe of the same size or smaller and they would get them painted

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Interesting about the wheels, wonder if we will here this from others...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thing is....!!!! where do you stand from a warranty issue should the paint become an issue with a non OEM finish applied to the wheels? Remember the golden rule.... get it in writing!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
Personally i feel a free upgrade for your issues is the only suitable alternative.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Kensfp said:
So I had a call from jaguar to say that they are having issues with both venom wheels and that my car would not be ready for my march pick up unless I change them has this happened to anyone else
keep me updated please! I was thinking about 20" Venoms for my order, the 20" blades look good too, but worth finding out what the issue with and if it's just the Venoms or others too. i'm staying out of the 22" / 20" debate :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have spoke to the dealer and they will cover the cost of the lane keep assist with the driver monitoring system and I have asked for confirmation of the the warranty of the painted wheels. Thanks for the advise

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apollya said:
Kensfp said:
keep me updated please! I was thinking about 20" Venoms for my order, the 20" blades look good too, but worth finding out what the issue with and if it's just the Venoms or others too. i'm staying out of the 22" / 20" debate :lol:
Spoke to the dealer all other wheels are fine just the venoms in both options that are the issue

·
Registered
307 Posts
Was it Jaguar or your dealership that rang you?
I've got 20" black Venoms with my March delivery as well, i'm now concerned as to what to go for. Ideally the only option would be the 22" but the price difference is £820 which I can't see Jaguar footing the bill.

20" blades v 20" templar (sprayed black) at least Templar are cheaper.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Jonec02 said:
But what is the issue with the venoms
Good point. It's got to be one of these possibilities.

1: safety issue. ( doubt it )
2: cost of making the wheel more than expected (doubt this as well as once the tooling is done it won't cost any more any other alloy)
3: high failure rate within the moulding (cost issues for the supplier which Jaguar aren't prepared to pay more for)
4: supplies can't keep up with demand (this isn't anything new for JLR when they guess the market incorrectly and the public are choosing options Jaguar hadn't planned for in such a high volume)
5: they just want to p**s me off

·
Registered
453 Posts
I Have the Venoms also and have had them on my car since i got it in May, i have noticed ive had to top up my tyres with air a couple of times so wondering if the castings are porous, so would love to know if there is an issue and what the issue is....especially if its a safety issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doug said:
Was it Jaguar or your dealership that rang you?
I've got 20" black Venoms with my March delivery as well, i'm now concerned as to what to go for. Ideally the only option would be the 22" but the price difference is £820 which I can't see Jaguar footing the bill.

20" blades v 20" templar (sprayed black) at least Templar are cheaper.
It was the dealer that called me saying that my car had been put on hold due to an issue with the wheels he said jaguar had not told him the specific details just that I could wait and see if/when they become an option or pick another. he just said that as it is both venom options not just the black so must be a problem with the manufacturer and not a supply problem

I ended up going for the matrix sprayed black

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
The Venom and the Bionics are actually very similar looking wheels, it's quite hard to tell them apart from a distance, at a glance . . and I doubt you'd even notice the single inch less diameter . . I wonder, have you thought about going for Bionics painted black, if they are able to paint them?, that could look very good too! . . . plus Bionics come as standard on the R-Sport anyway, so there's a few quid saved too... to maybe put towards something else :)

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hey Ken .. something else to throw into the mix .. if they are painting the wheels for you have you considered the two black options from the 22s? There's the matt black option, or the off-black of the FE?

If I had the choice I'd go for the FE off-black option, it's a stunning colour and would make your car utterly unique. I prefer the matt to the gloss options ... just a thought.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Now added two further pictures to my post above.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tired to ask a few more questions about the wheel today but the guy sorting my car is off if I find out more will let you guys know

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am also interested to hear more about this. I am due to collect my car in January. It is ready, but I am out of the UK until 20 Jan. My 3.0D S has come with the silver Venoms as per my order. However, I recently contacted the dealer and arranged to get an extra Venom wheel delivered separately in March. The reason for this is that I spec'd the car with the space-saver spare, then realised that it would be handy to have an extra Venom to keep at home in the garage for those inevitable occasions in the future when one of the rims gets dinged hand has to go for repair. So the dealer came up with a really good offer for me to get the additional Venom wheel, but now I am in doubt about whether or not it will be possible. I'll speak to him when I pick up the car in January, but any other information in the meantime would be of interest.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts