Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way back from Newbury this afternoon (A34 and M40) to Solihull we passed at least 4 transporters heading South with a mixture of L405 (Range Rover) and X761 (F-Pace). None of the F-Pace's were FE's and each transporter had no more than a couple of the F-Pace. Good to se them being moved out of the compound and fits with information that they are starting to get them out into the dealers and to the press for hard surface reviews....and for June deliveries for non-FE's.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I can't believe it... I was on the A34 today and the A303 looking out for prototypes and transporters on the way home from Brighton and didn't see any carrying f pace....Arrrggghhh, just as well we are off to hotel tomorrow and factory tour on Tuesday morning with DAL and his spainish inquisition Q and A session for the tour guides :lol:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Enjoy the factory tour - I was there a couple of weeks ago as part of an Internal Tata "Learning Mission" and we spent a whole day at Solihull a couple of hours on the production line including FA2 (the new assembly line). Seeing all the vehicles being made in all the different permutations is both exciting and frustrating at the same time!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Early afternoon on 19th March, I called at the services at Jct 10 on the M40. A Petrol S stopped close to me and I spoke to the driver. He had put 250 miles on the car that day and in total it had done just over 1000. It was a production car and destined for the US as a journalist review model. So, the car was being thoroughly tested and run in ahead of the inevitable hammering that it would get from the journalists. It looked good and a brief look inside seemed to confirm a good build quality. On the way down the M42, I passed several transporters containing non-FE models.

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Not sure if that's ammonite? Looks to dark to me, maybe tempest or storm are more likely as they do like to load the review cars with everything could be a black. Being part covered on vulnerable areas in shrink wrap doesn't help! Pretty sure it's an r sport due to paint on lower parts and an absence of S decals, look very close at front gill seems to have r sport logo insert! May drop into dealer on way up to Solihull today see if he can give me my build date too? as you seem to be getting them now. With all the FE now apparently built should see a good variety of colours tomorrow hopefully, what great shame we can't take any photos to show you guys. :idea: Hey Jag here's another idea why don't you do that, and post them on here! Of course you won't get all variations of trim,wheel,and colour but something is better than nothing surely? All those in favour.... Shout :eek: Ryan!!! :lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thats an S or maybe another derivative if its for the states, the R Sport has twin exhausts on the Left hand side, that has two single exhausts 1 on each side.
As ive posted on another thread on here my salesman showed me the jaguar ordering website and showed my order in the holding pool with an expected build date of the 1st week in April
i set my order in stone on Saturday, no more changes to my spec now.

·
Registered
948 Posts
It's not Ammonite Grey that's for sure.

My best guess is it's either Ultimate Black or most likely Storm Grey.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Think they can probably order an r sport with the big engine... Remember how important the states market is... Pretty sure they can have anything they want... With strawberries !!! customer is king over there, as I read on another post! We can only have egg ,chips and spam (monty Python) or only those in a different order... Hang on...didn't spam come over from America anyway during the war. :!:
Can't argue with you there about ammonite. Stunning pics of F types..... Hummm. Maybe the wife should get one of them instead, for me to have at weekend ?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I saw two white F Pace's amongst 5 Range Rovers on a transporter on the A34 south near Newbury today :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
Are you trying to upset me before we actually meet tomorrow DAL ;) :lol:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Certainly not Jagscat. I'm trying to be encouraging that F PACE's are out on transporters :D

See you tomorrow for some interesting questions :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the US, one may order the 3 litre petrol in any model. The R-Sport comes with the 20" Templar wheels seen in the picture. The colour was Storm Grey by the way which is a $1500 (+tax) option. Being a V engine, it has twin tailpipes of course despite being a R-Sport. Most countries other than the UK can have the V engines in most trims. Many will moan at the apparent UK restriction but on the other hand, most other countries also have very limited optional features on the models. The pick and mix of specifications debated on this forum is a very limited topic for US potential customers for instance.

·
Registered
410 Posts
So the cars that are being seen in the UK on transporters are headed to Southampton docks as exports. Apparently 80% of Jaguar's production is export !!

·
Registered
948 Posts
It's understandable that these F-Paces seen are export motors considering Jaguar's intention is to release the car worldwide around the same time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.