Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unlocked car this morning -1C car would not re lock, went to work 5 miles. Parked up still would not lock.
I have rang dealers they have told me to drop off today and they will look at it tomorrow, but no courtesy car. if I wanted a car i would have to wait till 11th January!!!

I am dropping off tonight, I will keep you updated

There is a constant clicking near petrol filler, has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Are all the doors shut properly? Reason I ask is that some are stiff and look shit but are not.

I'd open all doors and give them a good slam, then try locking again.

Also worth opening and closing the fuel filler cap if that is where the noise is.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gdank said:
Are all the doors shut properly? Reason I ask is that some are stiff and look shit but are not.

I'd open all doors and give them a good slam, then try locking again.

Also worth opening and closing the fuel filler cap if that is where the noise is.
Yes tried all doors, filler flap, boot and bonnet. Still nothing, just annoying no courtesy car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do your electric windows work. I had a similar issue with a different Jaguar and it turned out to be a connector in the door had come loose. They reconnected it and put the door back together again and all has been well. It took them about 30 mins to fix it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i've not had the locking problem but the loud clicking when exiting is constant for me, quite alarming at first but used to it now. it doesn't last that long and is present on my loan car too. Do you hear it at other times than leaving the car?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All windows work fine,
remote app will not lock car,
cant lock car with interior button,
key fob opens and closes rear hatch.

I dropped car off at 5pm they are going to ring me tomorrow afternoon to update me

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer has phoned battery went flat overnight because it was constantly trying to lock, they have found a bad earth, now all working as it should.
They want to keep overnight to check again in morning, fingers crossed.

I think there has been a few problems on other cars caused by bad earths!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
big jon said:
Dealer has phoned battery went flat overnight because it was constantly trying to lock, they have found a bad earth, now all working as it should.
They want to keep overnight to check again in morning, fingers crossed.

I think there has been a few problems on other cars caused by bad earths!!!!
Good to hear they found the fault but oh no not another wiring issue, starting to become a common fault on here of late, hope it's just one or two or we are all in for a recall on doubt for them to check.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Picked up this morning, all is working as it should :D
While they had it in I asked them to look at rear parking sensor problem again.
This has been cured also, same earth apparently. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts