Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little off road experience at the weekend at Carfest South with Jaguar demonstrating just how good the F Pace is off road with the use of ramps and a bridge, glad it was their cars and not mine!
Storm grey skies were appropriate and there were long queues all day and into the evening as people were shown the F Pace 3D Sport (6 cars in total) around the short track, very positive responses from all.
Very surprised at how competent they were, the down hill part had you suspended by the seat belt :eek:.
I hope Jaguar offer 'proper' off road experinces like LR do at places like Eastnor, the cars are certainly up to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine's off road road too, day 3 of trying to stop the creaking rear end, update for engine software following amber engine warning light and visit from Jag Assist and rear parking sensor issue. May be sorted on Monday but I don't want it back until it's fixed.

Pragmatic view at present, it's an early vechicle so I expected some issues (bonnet and door alignment already fixed). Previous experince with problems with Evoque & Freelanders 1 & 2 over past 15 years means that I expect things to not be perfect with JLR !

My issues are not significant compared to yours and yes it is disappointing, but the F Pace is a great vechicle and I'm looking forward to getting my fixed car back soon, the XF loan car will be used until then.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Mine also off road, will be two weeks tomorrow went in after DPF light came on no amber warning just a red DPF warning, called Jag asssit they said stop driving and we will recover vehicle to dealership.

currently driving an amonite grey Fpace with creaky rear suspension.

·
Registered
922 Posts
That's interesting, ... My wife has had her Ingenium Evoque in 5 times over past 6 weeks for faults.... Or PRODUCT ENHANCEMENT as they call it! One fault was the DPF had completely fallen apart inside. Then beacause the service light came on at 18,000 miles instead of 21,000 they tried to get her to pay for oil change blaming it on short journeys. She drives from Somerset to London to dustable to Somerset every week... So they gave up when she read them the riot act... She even has the service pack!!! Other probs include new fuel lines worry is its the same engine as mine!!
To be fair though... JA65 CAT is still humming along without incident at 2000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Shaunyt said:
Mine also off road, will be two weeks tomorrow went in after DPF light came on no amber warning just a red DPF warning, called Jag asssit they said stop driving and we will recover vehicle to dealership
That sounds bad. :shock: So, after two weeks, have they told you what the problem is???

·
Registered
453 Posts
My Car has 5800 miles on the clock so think DPF light a bit premature, not short journeys either.I was told DPF should give an amber warning then red but nope straight to red... pressed that little blue button on the ceiling and connected to JAG assist which i then found out is actually the AA. They told me to stop. Have to say on the whole excellent service the AA guy came to me diagnosed what he could. As they couldnt recover the vehicle for over an hour they put me in a Taxi home and he sat with the car with the keys till they picked it up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mines on day 7 at the dealers waiting on creaking suspension fix. Plus a few other bits like paint correction and bonnet alignment.

Odd thing is despite the dealers telling me they test drove it (required before they could even order the parts) remote app shows my car hasn't moved an inch since I parked it in the service bay last week. It's still unlocked as I left it.

When asked, they said "waiting for the parts" as for paint correction and bonnet alignment. That has to be done post mechanics. Seems it will be another 3-4 days.

are they feeding me bullshit?

·
Registered
453 Posts
catwoman said:
Shaunyt said:
Mine also off road, will be two weeks tomorrow went in after DPF light came on no amber warning just a red DPF warning, called Jag asssit they said stop driving and we will recover vehicle to dealership
That sounds bad. :shock: So, after two weeks, have they told you what the problem is???
Last conversation i had was with the service team on Thursday, they said Jag had given them some more tests to do to test how the DPF was filling up.

I had tried to wangle the use of an F Type for a few days as it was going to be staying in dry dock but they haven't got one on their fleet. Although im starting to get fed up of the creaking suspension on the F Pace they have loaned me.

Going to be ringing them shortly for an update as on the APP it hasn't moved since Thursday.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've still got the XF loan car and no nearer getting mine back, still creaking despite new parts and dealership in contact with Jaguar to see where to go next.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
These posts are very concerning.

I find it astonishing that the suspension problem should still be causing delays and difficulties in being fixed, it's a well known issue, it should be getting sorted much more quickly. And the DPF shouldn't require two weeks to be fixed either, these are not difficult things to replace! What is going on? JLR are really failing their customers, us, big time!!

I can only assume that sourcing the replacement parts must be the issue. But why?

It feels really strange for me to have a car that, so far, isn't manifesting any faults, 'cos I'm almost expecting trouble to start at any moment . . and I know when it happens it won't be convenient, there isn't ever a convenient time for a car to let you down . . not reassured at all by your unfortunate experiences. Do please keep us posted on how things go . . or, perhaps, don't go!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick update Catwoman- the dealership are still waiting to hear back from Jaguar and since this may take several days, I was asked if I wanted the car back to return it at a later date. I agreed to this and when they put it all back together (with new parts fitted), the creaking has gone!
The drive home was fantastic, the car still has the new car smell after 3 months & 3000+ miles and it really made me appreciate just how lovely it is to look at and to drive. The dealership is calling me on Friday to check if the creaking has returned so further action (and hopefully a response from Jaguar) can be planned if necessary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts