Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this had come up but just noticed today. The underside of the wheels normally on most cars are covered with plastic etc - my last jag was.
I can see part of the suspension but the material under the arch is like the plastic felt you get on sides of boot covering speakers and sides etc.
I checked two other F paces and all the same. Just doesn't look right to me - anyone know what the reason is and how this is better - looks unfinished to me - anyone else notice this or have pictures.?

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've noticed this and thought a bit remiss (?) - partularly on an SUV - all kinds of crap will get up there - JLR probably assumed that because it's not a mud plugger - or even an unkempt verge plugger it didn't need the plastic inserts - we would save the weight and they would save the money!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pos.k said:
I've noticed this and thought a bit remiss (?) - partularly on an SUV - all kinds of crap will get up there - JLR probably assumed that because it's not a mud plugger - or even an unkempt verge plugger it didn't need the plastic inserts - we would save the weight and they would save the money!!
Ok guys so this is normal ??
Front has normal flush plastic as you'd expect but rear ?
I was worried it was a trip back to the dealer on day one FFS if you all have it just crap design :)

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Yep, they're all the same at the back . . weight-saving, cost-cutting measures?, I dunno, it does look a bit poor, but if they're not up to the job and don't outlast a winter or two then they'll be getting replaced under warranty. I think the rear wheel arches of my Evoque were the same sort of material, going from memory, can't check now 'cos it's gone in p/x

Don't fret about it, just get out and drive . . have a bit of fun!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

you can find more information on the technology here: http://www.autoneum.com/media/media-releases/news/2016/05/24/lighter-and-quieter-suvs-thanks-to-ultra-silent/
I know this since I work for the company and know we supply to Jaguar. You can rest assured it has better life expectancy than normal injected plastic and cannot even be compared in terms of stone chip resistance. As an added benefit it also has very good sound absorbing properties and is the leading product on the market so rest assured you are getting top quality.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
checiches.dragos said:
Hello,

you can find more information on the technology here: http://www.autoneum.com/media/media-releases/news/2016/05/24/lighter-and-quieter-suvs-thanks-to-ultra-silent/
I know this since I work for the company and know we supply to Jaguar. You can rest assured it has better life expectancy than normal injected plastic and cannot even be compared in terms of stone chip resistance. As an added benefit it also has very good sound absorbing properties and is the leading product on the market so rest assured you are getting top quality.
Now that's why places like this are invaluable - find out real nuggets of information
Read from the screen of my jag using wifi just setup :)
Now to get driving a bit more

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AndyS said:
Rear on Evoque exactly the same and no problems after 3 years of driving :)
Yes the article explains what they've used. Great link so thanks to chiechices who posted it.
It's the sort of thing I've just never seen and was really perplexed,

Happy now with explanation and the article. Great stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts