Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just got my F-Pace R Sport with basic manual seats.
I'm 6.4 and my bottom is killing me after a few minutes driving the car. I am not overweight so I don't think I'm that large but the sides of the seat is bruising my side butt cheeks. I don't know if it's the way the seats are designed or there's a problem with them. Anyone got a similar experience?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I had the same discomfort. Basic seats and basic electrical seats. Sold the F Pace after 6 months and upgraded to a different FPace with much better seats. Problem solved.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is concerning as I also have basic seats... :?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Ben, Have you discussed this with your dealer, might be worth sitting in or even driving another F Pace to see if its any better. I've recently put a post re a recent 1600 mile trip round Scotland with no issues re the standard seats.

Paul

·
Registered
745 Posts
Having tried several seats of different grades the width across the backside is quite tight, the seat structure seems the same across all. I am average build and I do notice the side rolls and I have to move position to find the comfort spot, having said that on a long drive they are amongst the most comfortable I have had. My sympathy to those with wider rear ends.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have never sat in an R Sport but it's specifications say that it has sports seats so perhaps these are more figure hugging than those in my Portfolio?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have the standard 10 way seats in my S. Did 2k in a week last month and was very comfy.

Flub!

·
Registered
97 Posts
My car has electric seats minus lumbar support. BIG mistake, So uncomfortable.
My car is about to go into the dealer for its first service, plus painting of the grained part of the lower rear bumper. I will be asking if lumbar support can be retro fitted, or do I need a new seat, if so do I have a choice, what seat will fit?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not much help for those with standard seats but I'm 6ft+ and my must have on spec is the 18 way seats with lumbar and extended seat support. I had them on the XE and now the F-Pace and rarely have any discomfort; perhaps a dull ache on very long journeys.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
+1 for lumbar support on 10 way electric seats. My previous Audi also had a manual thigh extension to the seat which I was surprised not to find in the F Pace but for me, chairs are fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same discomfort. Basic seats and basic electrical seats. Sold the F Pace after 6 months and upgraded to a different FPace with much better seats. Problem solved.
For all you R-Sport and S drivers, what exactly is the difference between the 'basic' seats and the better seats?

So far they don't seem that comfortable compared to the Windsor leather ones you find in the portfolio.

I haven't sat in them that long however but just from first impressions sitting in them at the dealers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
+1 for 'must have' on the 18 way seats; i'm only a (relative) short @r$e (at 5' 8") but i couldn't get comfortable on anything less - thankfully for me, it was very obvious / immediate on the test drive where it was going to be uncomfortable and i was told that adjustment was only available on 18 way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
London86 said:
For all you R-Sport and S drivers, what exactly is the difference between the 'basic' seats and the better seats?
I think they aren't necessarily "better", they just have more support and "hug" you more. I definitely prefer them to regular ones but I think it depends on preference and body type.

I have the 10-way electric seats on my R-Sport without the lumbar support but the seating position for me is really good so I've never missed it either. I had 18-way seats on my XE R-Sport but the only thing I miss from them is the memory function.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Can I please ask those with the optional Lumbar Support. Is the Lumbar support of the inflatable air bag design, or is it just a simple manual adjustable foam block?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Syd,

The lumbar support that I have in my R-Sport seats is an inflatable bag design. Same as in the Range Rover.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got the 18-way seats in my S. Found them really comfortable. Lumber support is good as is the thigh support. Did a 8-9 hour journey from France and they were easily as comfortable as the seats in our XC90, which are really comfortable on long journeys.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I missed the lumbar on my Disco 3, Freelander and side-lumbar 'clamps' on my F-Type.

If you trace a car upholstery firm, they can fit manual [ or electric €€€ ] inflatable rubber blatter type aftermarket products.

Worked for me..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting thread this... I have a 6 month old F Pace 2.0 AWD 'Portfolio' with 10-way electric 'Luxury' front seats...

From purchase I have always said the side rolls are uncomfortable, being hard, and have to continually adjust my seating position to try and find a comfier spot. I have always put it down to them just being new and needing bedding in, which is hard as my other half (who is tiny) drives it mostly so the 'bedding in' process is taking a long time.

Interesting to hear tho that others are having similar discomfort issues. Given that Ive been back to Jag with a couple of complaints to date already, I daren't bring this up...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts