Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to collect my new F Pace tomorrow after 3 month wait - just been informed by the dealer that the JLR registration system for new cars is 'down' and won't be available till next Monday 12th
This is apparently NOT a DVLA problem but a JLR problem !!! - and clearly since they know exactly when it will be up & running again - it must be a conscious decision on their part !
Do I take my car now during last two weeks of December or wait till new year for a 2017 registered car ? - somewhat 'disenchanted' to say the least !

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
When I sold my 2012 Evoque I accidentally put Jan 2012 as the registration date into the WBAC website. When they did the on-premise valuation he adjusted it from Jan 2012 to Dec 2011 and guess how much difference it made? Precisely £0

Hopefully that helps you make your decision!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that ! At least some re-assurance !
BUT -not confident that JLR will come back 'online' when they say - surely they knew in advance & could have taken a bit of 'forward action' !!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just so I'm understanding you correctly.

You cannot pick your car up tomorrow, and you need to wait 6 days for it, due a reg plate issue.

However instead of this, you are thinking about waiting 28+ days instead to get a 2017 registration.

If' I'm clear then I agree with the poster above, who says it will make zero difference, as the cost of your car is based on the Registration number not the day it's registered - a rather dumb system, and why a lot of people don't buy in August, but that's the UK system.

·
Registered
688 Posts
^ agree with the above. It would be a slightly smaller issue if it was February rolling into March.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
jinjin said:
^ agree with the above. It would be a slightly smaller issue if it was February rolling into March.
According to the latest build info my replacement is due for delivery on 17th Feb. I guess it would be rather cheeky to ask them to delay it until March 1st considering how brilliant they've been. I might jokingly mention it and see what happens! I'm just delighted I'm getting it before the new VED rates come into effect.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
jinjin said:
According to the latest build info my replacement is due for delivery on 17th Feb. I guess it would be rather cheeky to ask them to delay it until March 1st considering how brilliant they've been. I might jokingly mention it and see what happens! I'm just delighted I'm getting it before the new VED rates come into effect.
How interesting, I have been told end of Jan, and I am behind you...

·
Registered
688 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
jinjin said:
For a matter of 10 days and a 17 plate I'd wait! The tax changes come in force April?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
jinjin said:
JLRnumber5 said:
jinjin said:
For a matter of 10 days and a 17 plate I'd wait! The tax changes come in force April?
Oh if they offer I will wait (although they are saying the new car might arrive end of Jan) but I was hesitant to be cheeky and actually push for it since I'm driving around in the old one cost free! I am sure they want it asap.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sbw60 said:
Due to collect my new F Pace tomorrow after 3 month wait - just been informed by the dealer that the JLR registration system for new cars is 'down' and won't be available till next Monday 12th
This is apparently NOT a DVLA problem but a JLR problem !!! - and clearly since they know exactly when it will be up & running again - it must be a conscious decision on their part !
Do I take my car now during last two weeks of December or wait till new year for a 2017 registered car ? - somewhat 'disenchanted' to say the least !
Good morning Sbw60,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of your concern surrounding the registration of your new vehicle. I hope this has all been resolved accordingly and in a timely manner for you in order for you to start enjoying your new F-PACE.

If there is anything I can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Many thanks,
Amellia

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.