Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what everyone is receiving as standard fitment tyres on delivery?

I'm down for delivery in October, dealer says I will get Pirelli summer tyres on my 19" rims.
My Freelander 2 is fitted with all year M+S (mud and snow) Michelins which have been great during the winter and on skiing trips in the alps.

Hopefully the F-pace will also be fitted with M+S, like many proper SUVs, but beginning to doubt that on hearing "summer" and seeing that appear on the order form too.

Maybe I should just get the car delivered directly with winter tyres and then invest in some new wheels and summer tyres in April?

·
Registered
688 Posts
22"s on summer pirellis

·
Registered
247 Posts
Continental Sport Contact 5 on 20 "

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mark,

Having the same conversation tomorrow. Maybe will ask for a dealer contribution to the £600 cost of replacing all four corners with proper tyres for an SUV....

·
Registered
115 Posts
They really don't seem to understand. Porsche and BMW definitely give the option. I was so impressed with the Goodyear 4 seasons I have on the Octavia Scout that I put a set on my old SLK230.
Mark

G

·
Thing is that when you live in the mountains (which is my case in France) and your car comes with all seasons tires, you're a bit sad as you know you'll have to buy real winter tires.
So I'm glad my F-Pace came with Summer tires (Evoque came with all seasons).

·
Registered
31 Posts
20" tyre rating on the continental sports are wxl extra load. I wanted cross contact tyres, but so far the grip on the road is very good & yes I have gone off road, albeit only fields that were only slightly soft, but wet & with some good inclines & all coped well with no second attempts req'd.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Jonec02, that's reassuring! Maybe I'm panicking - just don't fancy getting stuck halfway up an Alp in December!

Thanks, Mig, good to know what the locals do. Maybe I'll risk it!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Had Michellin on my Evoque and handling was awful!! After 10k had to change then after losing control on a bend worst tyres ever!!!! Back to Pirelli Zeros on 22" like it's on rails!!!!!! F ing awesome tyres!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all, I would be interested in finding out what make of tyres the latest delivered cars have, in particular 19"
Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Pirelli Pzero on my 22" 3.0d

Arianne

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks golferpete & Arianne

·
Registered