Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaargh! How hard is it to get this flipping menu up! If I remember from my XE you have to have the car stop after doing >10mph and then the menu appears. Sounds simple. Yeah right.

Anyone got a simple way / the right way / divine inspiration?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
You talking about the binnacle info on tyres? Between the clocks? Enter ->vehicle info ->tyre pressures
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not there on ICTP unless car is stationary but ignition on. But due to the crappy workflow I can't get it to activate and show up.

Easy on ICT...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,033 Posts
I am sure i read it only shows when the car is not running you go into the menu on the dash system and you see it, you can not see it with the car running.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Ah I have ITCP in mine, but saw it in the demo with the normal ICT so thought I was being useful. Will have a look in mine when I get it back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't get anything up without the car running though - that's why it was (I thought) with ignition on but engine stopped.... ridiculous way of doing it whichever way. Mind you we all know JLR's user experience team were on holiday during the whole development...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
F-Pace S said:
Ah I have ITCP in mine, but saw it in the demo with the normal ICT so thought I was being useful. Will have a look in mine when I get it back!
I have ICTP but with or without car running I can't get the menu up. COULD before the 2.5 update however.... wonder if that's a new "feature"
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,033 Posts
jonty1625 said:
F-Pace S said:
Ah I have ITCP in mine, but saw it in the demo with the normal ICT so thought I was being useful. Will have a look in mine when I get it back!
I have ICTP but with or without car running I can't get the menu up. COULD before the 2.5 update however.... wonder if that's a new "feature"
I have not looked since mine was updated, will look tomorrow and let you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So got in the car, keyless kicked in - nothing on display so couldn't see the menu, drove till stop / start kicked in - no menu. Got to the office, engine off, still nothing..... argh! It never used to be this difficults...

Anyone give me an idiots guide to how they have done it on their ICTP (of course I should just pull into a services to check - although every few hours I am getting a different tyre (or all of them!) with an issue and not stable in terms of duration or tyre with an issue).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Hey Jonty, you're having trouble getting the tire pressure data from the screen on the dash board right? Just because you mentioned ICTP but the data is not shown on the ICTP. Might be teaching you to suck eggs but you need to have the ignition on but not the engine running ( I.e. Press the start button without pressing the break). Once the electrics kick in, use the steering wheel buttons to navigate the menu on the screen behind the wheel and you'll see the additional menus.

If you know all this already then sorry I don't have a scooby
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jinjin said:
Hey Jonty, you're having trouble getting the tire pressure data from the screen on the dash board right? Just because you mentioned ICTP but the data is not shown on the ICTP. Might be teaching you to suck eggs but you need to have the ignition on but not the engine running ( I.e. Press the start button without pressing the break). Once the electrics kick in, use the steering wheel buttons to navigate the menu on the screen behind the wheel and you'll see the additional menus.

If you know all this already then sorry I don't have a scooby
Thank Jin, that's how it used to work - and have tried that (see my previous, have almost resorted to sacrificing a chicken!) but the menu is missing from my screen, all others are there - this did actually happen in my XE with ICTP before now.

Off to Sainsbury's to get a chicken and some candles and crack out my pagan robes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eventually after about 10 attempts in an dout of the car I got the readings - all fine apparently, 5 minutes after driving off - all showing between 24-32! Sigh...
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top