Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well then......on my way to work this morning and guess what flashes up??? Well judging by the title of the thread you don't need to be Einstein! TPW Yellow warning triangle and in the info centre a picture of all four tyres saying "check all tyre pressures". Now I'm thinking three things:
1. Bollox, that puncture I almost had a week or two ago must have given way!
2. Bollox, I must have a new actual puncture.
3. Bollox, its that friggin ICTP chucking another issue at me.

So I get to a safe place (en route to work) jump out and check all the tyres. All appear inflated, so can't be point 1. Check for any penetrative damage....no nails or other debris, so can't be point 2. Must be that barsteward ICTP, but need to rule it out. So got my inflator out to check the pressures......door shut label states 34-43 psi depending on load being carried. So I connect the pressure gauge and first tyre registers 30.5 psi! Hmm a bit low, so topped it up. Second tyre was at 31psi topped up this one too. Found tyres three and four at same pressures as the first two.

So it was with massive relief and pleasure that I didn't have a puncture nor have an ICTP issue, but the car warning system had actually worked!!!! HIP HIP...HOORAY!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Well then......on my way to work this morning and guess what flashes up??? Well judging by the title of the thread you don't need to be Einstein! TPW Yellow warning triangle and in the info centre a picture of all four tyres saying "check all tyre pressures". Now I'm thinking three things:
1. Bollox, that puncture I almost had a week or two ago must have given way!
2. Bollox, I must have a new actual puncture.
3. Bollox, its that friggin ICTP chucking another issue at me.

So I get to a safe place (en route to work) jump out and check all the tyres. All appear inflated, so can't be point 1. Check for any penetrative damage....no nails or other debris, so can't be point 2. Must be that barsteward ICTP, but need to rule it out. So got my inflator out to check the pressures......door shut label states 34-43 psi depending on load being carried. So I connect the pressure gauge and first tyre registers 30.5 psi! Hmm a bit low, so topped it up. Second tyre was at 31psi topped up this one too. Found tyres three and four at same pressures as the first two.

So it was with massive relief and pleasure that I didn't have a puncture nor have an ICTP issue, but the car warning system had actually worked!!!! HIP HIP...HOORAY!!
Did you drive to work or do cartwheels all the way. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I felt like doing cartwheels!!! I was over the moon something worked as designed to...hahahaha! I even arrived at work with a swagger!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
I bet you would sooner have a puncture than problem with ICTP, hope all is well Carl and you get your confidence back with the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
You do know you do not have to get out of the car to check the tyre pressure! With engine off, the menu will give you the pressure of each tyre.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beninspain said:
You do know you do not have to get out of the car to check the tyre pressure! With engine off, the menu will give you the pressure of each tyre.
I'll be honest, I didn't, but noticed how to do it on another thread this morning. The way my ICTP had performed even had I known I would still have checked them. I will give it a go tonight before leaving for home.

Cheers Beninspain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
big jon said:
I bet you would sooner have a puncture than problem with ICTP, hope all is well Carl and you get your confidence back with the car.
Hi Bigjon! Yes puncture for sure at least we have a known fix for that!! Hahaha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Has anyone verified the built in tyre pressure sensor to an external device? Just wondering about their calibration accuracy? Just wondering if Jaguar managed to meet the relevant British standard, I don't see any difference in a car based tyre pressure gauge and one that a reputable garage would use, so if they aren't accurate they aren't legal!

There is a standard BS EN 12645:2014 but it costs £180+ to read!!!!!!! So I can't check how close the Jaguar system is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
How do you view the tyre pressures ? Under what menu. Not seen that yet,
I've measured with a manual gauge so,far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
Ignition on, engine not running , then scroll with steering wheel buttons in the menus, probably described better I a recent post I saw somewhere! :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So it doesn't tell you the individual pressures then!!! Thought I was going mad?? It did what it was supposed to then warn one or more were low and you have to check with third party gauge!!

This is what my dash displayed.....
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that only on 3.0l?? I couldn't find "vehicle info". Going for a look now!! :evil:
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top