Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for not using the introduction section 1st

Got my 3.0 D 10 days ago. Great car ! Not much more to say :D

On top of the fact that I´m still annoyed about the last century function of the incontrol system 1 and the fact that JLR was not providing detailed information about the function at the time when I placed the order.

I´ve two issues that I hope to get some help on.

1. Sorting of contacts either by 1st or last name.

Found the option in the settings to change this. But after starting the car next time, the names are sorted again by 1st name. Having most as business contacts, not a good way to find names (in Germany we use the last names :cool: )

Any idea how I can tell the system to keep my preference?

My main mobile is a galaxy S5, tried also with Galaxy S6 edge which is listed a compatible device.
Contacts on my mobile are being synchronized via outlook

2. My wife motivated me to order the electric hatch door. Worked fine during 1st days. Then I experienced issues when trying to close. It did not close when pushing the button. Only beeping noise. Had to close the hatch manually. Wife was happy :oops: That went for days as I had no time to contact the dealer. I started thinking what changes have you made at any settings? Checked the manual, the internet. Nothing.
Then ….it came into my mind. You connected a USB stick and a USB charger. At first I was laughing at myself and said no way….Guess what happened. Unplugged both and the hatch closed as expected. Plugged either device in, no function of hatch.
( it´s a 32 GB SanDisk USB and a twin USB charger that is working fine in other cars)
Anyone having a similar issue?
I will see the dealer during the next days and I´m looking forward to seeing his face when I present this trick :lol:

Thanks and regards

Stefan

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Stefan said:
2. My wife motivated me to order the electric hatch door. Worked fine during 1st days. Then I experienced issues when trying to close. It did not close when pushing the button. Only beeping noise. Had to close the hatch manually.
I've had exactly the same issue but I never connected the issue to the USB lead (given the things seen so far with Jaguar its as likely as red paint stopping it working :D !). Rarely have anything connected but my wife leaves her iPod classic lead plugged in 99% of the time, I wonder if just having the lead connected makes the difference, something for me to try! Many thanks in advance for this idea, I will report back when I've tested it!

BTW, hatch still closes when using the fob, it does on mine, only the button close causes the beep!

·
Registered
473 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Stefan said:
2. My wife motivated me to order the electric hatch door. Worked fine during 1st days. Then I experienced issues when trying to close. It did not close when pushing the button. Only beeping noise. Had to close the hatch manually.
I've had exactly the same issue but I never connected the issue to the USB lead (given the things seen so far with Jaguar its as likely as red paint stopping it working :D !). Rarely have anything connected but my wife leaves her iPod classic lead plugged in 99% of the time, I wonder if just having the lead connected makes the difference, something for me to try! Many thanks in advance for this idea, I will report back when I've tested it!

BTW, hatch still closes when using the fob, it does on mine, only the button close causes the beep!
i have left an old iPod left in the car permanently connected no issues with hatch button not working.......

·
Registered
473 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
The Gman said:
RaVolVoR said:
i have left an old iPod left in the car permanently connected no issues with hatch button not working.......
Well that p****d on my parade :lol: :lol: :lol: I was hoping for an easy fix!
sorry :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for feedback. At least I´m not alone. :lol:

Had a chat with the dealer today. He was speechless :D
He´s coming along Friday and want to see with his own eyes. So he better gets his glasses cleaned.

What I learned today is that the USB when connected, is stilling pulling some kind of voltage from the system.
This is preventing some of the controllers in the car to shut down / fall in sleep mode.
In result this may cause the fault.

With my BMW Motorbike I had also an issue with the power socket....it had to be calibrated. So this modern...stuff....is causing issues.

Guess we will see tons of updates coming. Maybe there´s a regular patch day in the future similar to what MS is doing.

Anyone any idea regarding the other issue with the sorting of the contacts ?

In parallel I will try if the system will keep settings without the USB stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Then ….it came into my mind. You connected a USB stick and a USB charger. At first I was laughing at myself and said no way….Guess what happened. Unplugged both and the hatch closed as expected."
It seems to a problem of the USB lead....

I connected an external hard drive with some music... starting next day the car, the Navigation System did not found any maps. After disconnecting the disk and restarting the car eveything works fine.

But nevertheless .... it is an awesome car! (3.0d)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts