Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer tells me I have to lock down my spec by end of Monday.

So for you lucky owners out there, what extra's have your thought wow that is great and the one's your are secretly thinking hmmm did I really pay that for that.

Please let me know you must have's, the not sure about, and the surprise and delight extra's where you thought not sure about the value for money but I dont care it's great, I suspect HUD fits into that category!

I would really appreciate the forums opinion.

G

·
Hi !
I don't see adaptive dynamics in your configuration, only ASR.
I'd suggest to get this especially on a Supercharged as this would allow hardening the suspension when you want to enjoy the 380hp of your beast.
Maybe it comes as default with your car actually.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
All round camera system, have it on my Evoque and getting it on the FP. Have saved my alloys on numerous occasions checking distances particularly on near side (passenger).

·
Registered
381 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
All round camera system, have iron my Evique and getting it on the FP. Have saved alloys on numerous occasions checking distances particularly on near side (passenger).
Can't say I've ever used my Evoque's cam system for that. It's a good idea actually. Been dipping the passenger mirror for years!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a sneaking suspicion I may regret not adding £500 blind spot monitor. Can't recall it ever saving me on my Evoque but perhaps it has done and I've just not realised it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Deinately add the high mileage service pack....£699 for 5yrs/80,000miles......it covers your first 5 services....

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
andymiller said:
Deinately add the high mileage service pack....£699 for 5yrs/80,000miles......it covers your first 5 services....
Thanks Andy but unless my job changes these days most of my motoring is weekend only, I travel to a mainline station on a Monday and don't return home until Friday so mileage will be circa 8k per year :roll: but the weekends will be fun... :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
You lucky bugger - locking a petrol. Looks like they are coming then - hopefully a few calls coming but I think I'll probably only get a call when the bugger is there !!

Anyway. Yes 22 inch wheels one to look at but I'm sure you've considered. I did add the blind spot and reverse monitor - handy in car parks and the blind spot seems a bit useless but has saved once so that was enough to convince me. On my XF currently

For me climate front seats were number 1 on list - love them for summer to keep cool. Have in my XF again.

Rest I'll wait and see when I get mine !!
Got 3L petrol too.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
By the way what does lock down mean ? It's a month from build date or they are building it sooner ?
I was told my last change date would be early July but spoke to Jag direct and they said it was getting built first week July so still a bit confused.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mbadger77 said:
By the way what does lock down mean ? It's a month from build date or they are building it sooner ?
I was told my last change date would be early July but spoke to Jag direct and they said it was getting built first week July so still a bit confused.
Badger my build date is 8 or 9th July and I have to lock down the spec by Tuesday delivery to the dealer approx 27th...

Your dealer will have a date after which you can't change what you have ordered, given both of ours sound like early July builds I would ring you dealer today....

Climate seats now there's a thought.....

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Lock down date is last date you can make amendments to your order. My lock down or lock in date is 14th June build date (when it should be built by is 8th July, so approx 3 weeks from start to finish through the plant.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Waynem said:
22 inch wheels ....it don't look right without them :shock: :cool:
And the ride isnt affected end of.
The HUD def :D
The switch from 20s to 22s means that you pay £240 per tyre instead of £150. Also, because of the relative tyre / rim size, the 20s look fine - especially if in black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Bonkers said:
Waynem said:
The switch from 20s to 22s means that you pay £240 per tyre instead of £150. Also, because of the relative tyre / rim size, the 20s look fine - especially if in black.
Low profile large tyres are expensive, Evoque 20" are £230+. You been over to MK I take it?? It's way too black that car! In my opinion that is.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bonkers said:
Waynem said:
She who must be obeyed :D has gone down the route that I think Paul's wife did, namely having now taken the time to look at lots of different photos she has determine that black wheels are a no go unless on a black car... I am less convinced BUT I do like the 22 turbines so I think I am there with that selection.

With my mileage I think the tyre cost should not be to great an issue unless of course they get damaged on the unlisted roads around the house :shock:

·
Registered
247 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Bonkers said:
Waynem said:
Low profile large tyres are expensive, Evoque 20" are £230+. You been over to MK I take it?? It's way too black that car! In my opinion that is.
Yes MK is where I have my order. Still going for silver at present, but every time I see that black I think it looks so mean! Even my wife quite likes it. In the end though, we'll all make a personal choice. There is no wrong selection - just what's right for you. Looking forward to getting the adaptive cruise though. Had it on a hire car once and it absolutely fantastic for motorway driving. A big reason why I decided to buy new rather than nearly new - as so few people spec it.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The Gman said:
Mbadger77 said:
Badger my build date is 8 or 9th July and I have to lock down the spec by Tuesday delivery to the dealer approx 27th...

Your dealer will have a date after which you can't change what you have ordered, given both of ours sound like early July builds I would ring you dealer today....

Climate seats now there's a thought.....
Well had conflicting info. Dealer said 5th July is lock down for an August build. Jag Themselcves though said that it was July build with August 12th Delivery. Had no call yet so maybe the dealer was right and customer services are wrong.
Information been crap since I put deposit down last year - be glad when this is over as pretty frustrating

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Well had conflicting info. Dealer said 5th July is lock down for an August build. Jag Themselcves though said that it was July build with August 12th Delivery. Had no call yet so maybe the dealer was right and customer services are wrong.
Information been crap since I put deposit down last year - be glad when this is over as pretty frustrating
Hi Mbadger ... why not ask your dealer to show you this ..... mine is also 5 July lock down ......

Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel

That way there can be no confusion .. I would be concerned if they wouldn't show it to you in writing.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Mbadger77 said:
Hi Mbadger ... why not ask your dealer to show you this ..... mine is also 5 July lock down ......

View attachment 949

That way there can be no confusion .. I would be concerned if they wouldn't show it to you in writing.
I have see that although I presume that is what they are using to give, lock down, build and delivery date.... At least I hope so.....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Mbadger77 said:

View attachment 949

Thanks JLR - once again looks like I've had wrong information but this time from Jag customer services. She said my order was build July and delivery 12/08 but the dealer said lock on 5th July like yours and look the August build date is identical so the dealer is right and I'm waiting another month after all -
I'll ask the dealers now for all 3 dates but I sense another disappointment and a September delivery. Tough after getting excited over a June delivery (told by dealer) then sept (by dealer - never was any different) then August (told by Jaguar)
Frustrating,

1 - 20 of 39 Posts