Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to remove the trim from around the gear shifter. I know that the mood lighting shines from under it and so hopefully it will just lift up, but I don't want to break anything by forcing it up if it is screwed from underneath. If anyone knows or better still has the TOPIX diagram, it would be very much appreciated....... &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks really good, &#x1f44d-1f3fb;, did you just pull it up, or was it a bit more involved? Might look into having a go myself, only difference is, I don't have the config lighting so no lighting in the area.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That does look awesome, is that an OEM carbon fibre equivalent surround that you fitted, or a wrap that you had fitted?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a genuine Jaguar part and it simply lifts up held by four spring clips, one in each corner. I just used a plastic pry bar, very easy to do!! I don't have configurable lighting either, but you can see where it should clip in place. You can buy the led lighting loop separately too. it's just a loop with a connector on the end, it's whether or not there is some where to plug it into under the centre console.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you have a recommendation for the kind of tools required for trim removal like that? Thinking its worth having some to hand as cars these days are much more clip together and less easily accessible screws than I'm used to.

Really good choice on the replacement material though! Looks really smart.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought something like this of eBay and Halfords also do them. They are dead handy to have in the tool kit!!

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Office supplies

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Awesome, will give it a look. Cheers!

·
Registered
270 Posts
PDC said:
Well I managed to remove it with ease as it happened and replaced the gloss black for carbon fibre, I'm really pleased with the results!!
First glance I thought : "Why does he asks for help for a Discovery sport on the F-Pace forum ".. .. then I read you drive an SVR... :oops:

I have a humble 25t and SVR's are horrendously expensive here due to CO2 based taxation.. .. I wouldn't mind the interior anyway..

The V8 would do nicely... ;)

Enjoy...

Then you moved from a RRS to an F-Pace SVR , are you happy with the change ? For me a RRS feels much more solid and confident then the F-Pace.
I used to drive a D3 before, until december, and I find it no comparison. I miss the 'command view' dearly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, the SVR Jag drives brilliantly in comparison to the RRS and with no comparison what so ever and yes I do miss being up that little higher, but to be honest because the Jag SVR drives so well it's worth the trade off....... I would however have the RRS SVR over the Jag if I could afford one, but I'm more than happy with my choice for now and loving every minute of it. 😃

·
Registered
270 Posts
PDC said:
I would however have the RRS SVR over the Jag if I could afford one, but I'm more than happy with my choice for now and loving every minute of it. :lol:
I bet... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8 Posts
PDC said:
It's a genuine Jaguar part and it simply lifts up held by four spring clips, one in each corner. I just used a plastic pry bar, very easy to do!! I don't have configurable lighting either, but you can see where it should clip in place. You can buy the led lighting loop separately too. it's just a loop with a connector on the end, it's whether or not there is some where to plug it into under the centre console.
Just bought a car and it has the standard gloss back surround, which is also full of small scratches.

Would you happen you have the part number and or an approximate cost for this piece of trim???

Tempted to change mine, it looks a lot better! Wanted the carbon trim but the 2 year old one I've just bought has everything else I wanted so was hard to pass up :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi, This is the parts number for the carbon trim to go around the gear shifter, I think it was £160 off the top of my head and I ordered it from Hatfields Jaguar up in Hull.
I hope that you are enjoying your SVR...... 😃
Regards, Paul.

Font Temperature Number

·
Registered
8 Posts
Brilliant!

Thank You that is very helpful; the dealer parts guy was being very unhelpful and suggesting there wasn't even part number for it!

Yes, I'm loving the SVR more with each day, it has that cozy feel good factor day to day, and makes you giggle when you open her up!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts