Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts about trim color with dark sapphire blue and maintenance of the leather ?

Latte Taurus Leather seats with Espresso contrast stitch and Espresso facia

versus

Light Oyster Taurus Leather seats with Pistachio Contrast stitch and Jet facia

Some say the light oyster look more modern that the latte taurus...

What do you think of that and what about resale points ? First edition I think is as white as the light oyster...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dads over 4000 miles down in his IRR portfolio with latte, the seats still look as good as new. No marks anywhere and we are always wearing jeans.

I was wary of the latte/espresso but it's my favorite interior combo now. Everyone who's seen the car so far says how great it looks as well.

The light oyster is more of a cream colour with grey dash etc. The first demo our dealer had in was DSB with oyster, iv posted pics on here, will try find them out for you when I get home if you like :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wasn't a fan of the Oyster with oyster dash - that trim all looked a bit grey for my liking.

I believe you may be looking at the prestige spec level though going by your description? In which case the Oyster upholstery comes with a black dash and doors etc I think? This may be better.

I remain firmly in the latte camp though. Think this would be a classic combo with the DSB.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Growler said:
I wasn't a fan of the Oyster with oyster dash - that trim all looked a bit grey for my liking.

I believe you may be looking at the prestige spec level though going by your description? In which case the Oyster upholstery comes with a black dash and doors etc I think? This may be better.

I remain firmly in the latte camp though. Think this would be a classic combo with the DSB.
Yes that's right is the prestige spec with black dash and doors,

Are you using any special treatment to keep the leather ? how often do you give the treatment?

Is going to be my first car with leather and one of the jaguar dealer representatives told me like he would never chose white or latte leather , that will not survive the test of time... so maybe just with the right cream or treatment the leather will survive ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have got a "Dr Leather Dye Block" treatment on my F Pace - but only really had it as it was a cheap option whist I was getting ceramic coat done.

I have had 3 previous Jag's with light interiors (sand, champagne and something else - but they are all basically the same colour) and never had a treatment before. I tend to change car every three years and the leather has always looked pretty pristine at the end of that. Dye transfer from jeans has been minimal (just light tinge on edges of bolsters0 and has always come straight off with a rub of Autoglym Leather Care Cream.

i have had cars with black leather (VAG rather than Jag) and have always found they look dirtier as dust tend to be grey and shows up more in the stitching and cracks against black leather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.