Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, for those WHO have the Car, do you know or does it say from what carrier is the Live traffic coming from ?

I mean i know sygic has this as a Premium, and its not supported in my country, but google maps has traffic and Works very well where i Live.

Do they use their own servers, or google's ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Interesting question - sorry, don't know the answer but I'd like to add to the question: if using the google maps interface with SIM card enabled and InControl Pro, does the SatNav use Google maps for traffic updates? I often refer to my phone for Google Maps traffic as it is way better and more reliable than the Garmin traffic feed I have in my car so would love it if the in-car system could use Google for traffic updates!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MyNameIsMatt said:
Interesting question - sorry, don't know the answer but I'd like to add to the question: if using the google maps interface with SIM card enabled and InControl Pro, does the SatNav use Google maps for traffic updates? I often refer to my phone for Google Maps traffic as it is way better and more reliable than the Garmin traffic feed I have in my car so would love it if the in-car system could use Google for traffic updates!
Exactly, google maps traffic is pretty much Real-time. I would love to find out it uses google servers to get traffic.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It appears that Here doesn't just reuse Google's traffic info (though it may be one of their inputs). If you aren't familiar with Here, they are Nokia's map/navigation arm that has spun off into their own company over the last few years, with a focus on embedded navigation. From their site:

HERE collects billions of GPS data points every day and leverages over 100 different incident sources to provide a robust foundation for our services. We use information collected from a variety of devices across the globe including smart phones, PNDs, sensors and connected cars. Our traffic experts also monitor incidents such as accidents and construction as they happen, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

They apply extensive knowledge and experience to decipher a range of sources including police radio messages, Twitter posts and traffic camera feeds.

Once collected, we process the data through our industry leading traffic engine - continuously updating our data every 60 seconds. By combining all our sources and expertly analysing the data in our incident management centre we regularly capture events that other services overlook.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I downloaded the app on my iphone and even though greece is included on their traffic data map, i dont see anything like i do with google maps, and at settings, traffic is on, any suggestions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made it work but its not as accurate as google maps, i downloaded my country map and left it working for 5 minutes before it gave me traffic

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my god this navigation is so bad.
Algorythm isnt working well, route calculation is way off, traffic is non existent.
I dont believe i gave 100k € for this.
This is worse than apple maps when it came out, and looking where it comes from, i doubt it will see any improvement. I think we should all petition to get at least google maps on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When mine was working it was rubbish! Telling me I'm in heavy traffic when I'm doing 70 down a motorway that was nearly empty!
Cars back for the second time to sort out the Incontrol pro, firstly it wouldn't connect live and now it doesn't recognise the SIM or pick up a wifi hotspot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts