Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else's insurance company demand that you fit a tracker to the 3.0 diesel or petrol?

·
Registered
458 Posts
SonicPace said:
I'm also baffled why this isn't an option for FE customers, surely it's just a piece of software that needs enabling? They know where the car is already, the app tells you.

Strange...
No, apparently it needs a gadget fitting (similar to the original Tracker units).
I understand that my dealer is trying for a workaround to retrofit to an FE, as it was not an option to spec.

The problem with the app version is that it relies on the web and possiby the Simcard/GSM. The secure version - like the tracker units need to transmit their location once activated to allow tracking. If it was just the cars software, then that could potentially be disabled / hacked or whatever. The tracker needs to be physically found and disabled.

IMHO they are not the same.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't think it's included with the Jag tracker but being a keyless car is anyone worried about key cloning and theft? I know this has been a big problem but not sure if Jaguar have updated their keyless entry to mitigate this problem?

I'm looking at the Cobra ADR system, it means you carry a small card but protects against this.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Waynem said:
Tesco issuance accept the Incontrol secure as a tracker...it maybe cat 6 but it works and reduces the insurance ....my concern was it would not be recognised by the company but it's was ... :eek:
The Incontrol secure IS the tracker option - about £500? including the 3 yr service fee - thats different from the basic app visibility/ tracking , but it must be specced as an option.

·
Registered
302 Posts
mb8388 said:
Slim_sane said:
None of my quotes for insurance requested a tracker be fitted.
I tried quotes with and without a tracker - the difference was only about £10 per year so not worth in IMHO
+ 1 ........... Same experience with my quotes.

You guys must live in a crime zone! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am seeing my dealer tomorrow to sign paperwork etc so I will get back to you

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay, dealer says that the tracker is a dealer fit option and that the vast majority of insurance companies will be asking for trackers to be fitted. The F Type is a perfect example with the bigger engines. All insurance now ask for the R to have a tracker fitted. Obviously I can't vouch for the accuracy of this but this is what he told me

1 - 20 of 30 Posts