Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - After essentially 6 months of trouble free motoring- over the past week I have had two instances of Tyre Pressure warnings - Once saying all 4 tyres had lost pressure (LOL), and today my offside rear saying that lost pressure, and then strangely whilst still driving it recorded an increase in pressure!

When looking at the TPMS system it is saying that all tyres are same pressure - so assuming a fault.

Anyone had similar?

Not found a way of resetting yet!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Same here.
When cold the pressure will drop anyway so pleased it popped up saying one was down to 30. Checked at station and sure enough one was at 30 and rest at 31 so put them all at 33.

If you drive it warms up so pressures will then enter the "norm" but better to get the pressures right in normal cold conditions first as it won't be warm for a while and they will need checking periodically anyway.

Will stop the warnings as well when freezing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all who replied...... Will check them all this morning when I go out, set them all to 33 and see how it goes - Foggy drive up to Harrogate :(

·
Registered
948 Posts
I think we all have experienced this or will over the coming weeks as temperatures drop, I first experienced this with the RRSports so expected it. Most of us drive to a garage to test the tyre pressures and adjust accordingly but as you drive the friction heats and expands the air in your tyres so if tested and adjusted when warm this may drop by as much as 1-2 psi so on the driveway in the morning or if it's been sat for several hours the pressure that was right at the garage might drop to the point that your system says low pressure and shows the psi. The reason it increases and the warning might disappear altogether whilst driving is the friction caused by braking, cornering etc.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Bang your foot hard on the loud pedal and get some heat into those tyres and rims, sorted. Thats what the car is for anyway. :eek: :p

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am getting this regularly now that the temperature has dropped, however I would say it is possibly a fault. I usually get near side front pressure 29, followed by 'check all tyre pressures'. Then sometimes, as I keep driving the tyre manages to reinflate itself to 31. Then the next time I drive its the rear offside tyre, followed by the the rest are low.
Have had similar in cold weather on previous cars but have not had a car previously that points out which tyre it is and what pressure. So that's either clever, or a completely useless feature if it cant work properly once temperatures drop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts