Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up our lovely new car yesterday from the dealer and still getting to grips with all the technology. As we tow a caravan we had the factory fitted electric deployable tow bar, which is going to make life a lot easier. Do any of you who tow use a tow ball cover or would it not fit in when retracted? We have towed before but any hints or tips on towing with a P250 welcome (and please don't say we should have got the diesel :)).

·
Registered
521 Posts
We only use our electric deployable tow bar for the bike rack, but if you look underneath when it is folding / folded away there isn't much room so I would check carefully before using a tow ball cover.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We tow a 1.8T caravan regularly and don't use a tow ball cover - it doesn't need one as it is pretty well protected when retracted and shows no signs of rusting after nearly 2 years.
Tips for towing - always set your tyre pressures and TPMS for "Heavy Load", use the gearbox in "Eco" mode, and stick to the towing speed limits or just below.
The latter will make a difference to your fuel consumption.
F-Pace is an excellent tow car !
HTH
Tim😉

·
Registered
332 Posts
you only need a cover if the towbar is fixed why would you want a cover on a deployable one ? I have ocd about the way things look . I’ve had covers on fixed in the past as just keeps them looking good but on mine now just hassle putting it on and off no need you can’t see it

Reactions: Heyhill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We tow a 1.8T caravan regularly and don't use a tow ball cover - it doesn't need one as it is pretty well protected when retracted and shows no signs of rusting after nearly 2 years.
Tips for towing - always set your tyre pressures and TPMS for "Heavy Load", use the gearbox in "Eco" mode, and stick to the towing speed limits or just below.
The latter will make a difference to your fuel consumption.
F-Pace is an excellent tow car !
HTH
Tim😉
Thanks - some useful advice here. Good to know it won't rust. We towed with a Mini Countryman and the advice for that was use the 'normal' driving mode so thanks for the tip on the Eco setting 👍

·
Registered
295 Posts
We've towed a 1.5 tonne van with our 25T (P250 equivalent) and it didn't struggle at all, even in crap weather and on steep hills. Not quite the torque of a diesel, but plenty for the job. 'Normal' mode is fine, doesn't have to be ECO. Definitely want to stick some more juice in the tyres though.

Reactions: Heyhill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We've towed a 1.5 tonne van with our 25T (P250 equivalent) and it didn't struggle at all, even in crap weather and on steep hills. Not quite the torque of a diesel, but plenty for the job. 'Normal' mode is fine, doesn't have to be ECO. Definitely want to stick some more juice in the tyres though.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts