Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I opened the hood so I decided to take a look at the coolant level and noticed it was a little below the minimum mark. It's getting cold lately so I guess that's the reason for the drop. Anyway, I didn't get any message on the dashboard that the coolant level is below the minimum and that bothers me.

Has anyone seen a low coolant warning on the dashboard? Is there such a message on the dash or we have to check the level occasionally?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have never let the coolant drop low enough to trigger such a warning as I check it regularly and keep it at maximum. Does the handbook give any information?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never let the coolant drop low enough to trigger such a warning as I check it regularly and keep it at maximum. Does the handbook give any information?
I cannot find anything about top-up coolant or low engine oil warnings in the manual.

In my opinion it is a must. If we have it for washer fluid, why wouldn't we have it for coolant and engine oil which are extremely important?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I wonder if it comes up as a message rather than a warning light? It does seem a bit of an oversight if not.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yesterday I opened the hood so I decided to take a look at the coolant level and noticed it was a little below the minimum mark. It's getting cold lately so I guess that's the reason for the drop. Anyway, I didn't get any message on the dashboard that the coolant level is below the minimum and that bothers me.

Has anyone seen a low coolant warning on the dashboard? Is there such a message on the dash or we have to check the level occasionally?
I got a warning a few weeks ago. Half-expected it to be a false alarm but when I looked I was well below the minimum mark on the tank. My bad for not checking levels regularly, I guess.

Reactions: MMXVI

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a warning a few weeks ago. Half-expected it to be a false alarm but when I looked I was well below the minimum mark on the tank. My bad for not checking levels regularly, I guess.
Phew, it's good to know that the car has got your back in case you forget to check the level. Thanks for the info.

Btw, on my previous car, I knew the car would let me know about the low coolant level and I actually never checked it, just waited for the message "Top-up coolant" 😀 I know it's wrong but...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had this on my F Pace in the first few months of ownership as the levels equalised & I used the heating. I phoned the main dealer thinking I would need to top up with a JLR product but they said just top up with water. If you need to put in a good amount of fluid, then I would use the recommended coolent mix. :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
The coolant low warning is red and bold and will not be missed. I have had a leaking radiator for the past few weeks so the warning was coming on every few days as it went below the min level and refilled …..until I got it repaired

two points of interest
1) as seems typical now, the main dealer quote to fix was over twice the cost of the local garage - the secondary radiator had sprung a leak - rip off main dealers seems an understatement
2) yes, the car has a secondary much smaller radiator, (don’t know why but the clever boffins at jlr viewed it was necessary - perhaps to do with the heating) not just the vast lump of radiator that sits at the front of the car. It seems a stone had bounced up from the road and dinged the small rad and hence the leak. All fixed now and prepped for winter

z71

Reactions: MMXVI and KeithL
1 - 9 of 9 Posts