Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been an awful lot of dealership bashing on this forum over the past months, and in reading the comments/experiences of other members then most, if not all, appears appropriate. So I want to take this opportunity to shout out HA Fox in Doncaster who are certainly going the extra mile to make my wait and eventual ownership experience a good one.

To cut a long story short, essentially the info that they had two weeks ago from the factory systems allowed them to inform me that I would be in my S spec car by mid May. On this basis I declined the offer of buying my company car and decided that I could 'muddle through' borrowing Mrs S's SLK from time to time. After-all it was just for a few weeks, and the sun had started to shine! So the company car duly went back on 26th April.

Three days later the dealer had to tell me that things had all changed (believed to be due to the 3.0D engine sourcing issues) and that car shipment had moved to the 'right' - Not just a bit to the right , but to August! Clearly if I had known this then I'd have purchased my company car (as was a good deal) and run it for a few additional months. Now this situation is not the dealers fault, they can only work on data that they are given, and to be honest its clear that the central Jaguar systems and teams are failing in providing accurate and honest information. But, its these situations where a good dealer starts to SHINE, and a poor one becomes frustrating and makes you question why am I spending so much money with you!

Mine has SHONE.....

Firstly they offered to provide me with a temporary car until my ordered one comes - No hassle, simply offered.

Secondly they made me aware that they could, if I was interested, check on availability of the further 100 FE cars (as they were aware that these would be available sooner). Now whilst this was then an interesting conversation on what essentially was a further £8K hike in car price, the reality was that as I was financing on PCP the residuals were much higher, so my monthly payments did not increase beyond levels of acceptability - All good so far :D

Thirdly they sorted everything out, we have a delivery of FE confirmed as June (but not sure when in month) and on Monday I'll be collecting a temporary XF or XE that they happy for me to use until whenever my FE arrives.

So FIVE BIG STARS ***** go to Simon and Phil :D Ryan - If there is a company scheme where dealers get feedback then please use this!

Cannot wait to get the FE, but in the meantime I'm sorted.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That's great. Positive stories are good to hear as on these forums it's all been about the lack of any information and poor CS? It's not always their fault and good to see a good dealer and story.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm well impressed, my dealer has been ok but far from exceptional... I have rung my dealer in a few occasions to not get in return phone call and have to ring them again to speak to my salesman... I rang lunchtime today to speak to my salesman as my car was said to be built yesterday, just enquiring if it had been built and possible delivery and pick up date , he was put on a test drive the receptionist said she would pass on the msg , but as usual not a call back from them.
Definitely not the best service when they can't even return a call even if only to fob me off
I paid a £2k deposit for my car in October last year which going off what most apear to have paid now seems excessive and I'm a little disgruntled about that also. I definitely will not be purchasing and dealer extras I can say that with ought a doubt ..

·
Registered
922 Posts
The build date is always given as a Friday... But it could possibly have been built anytime that working week, according to my dealer they always quote a Friday!!
Great to hear a good dealer story, as I said the other day (most ...not all) of the issues are due to non/ mis information from Jaguar!

·
Registered
922 Posts
That is what I am reliably informed, Would be good to hear from some other forum members, see if we're all told Friday. My own vehicle is due to be built next.... You've guessed it Friday!!! So... either bugger all happens during the week except Friday's :lol: :eek: or they give Friday as a date to allow some room for contingency etc.
Kind of hope the days of having a Friday afternoon car are long since past and judging by what DAL and I saw on the VIP tour most of the work is done either by robots or a power assist lift or torque measuring Calibrated device is programmed to make sure everything is recorded and logged during each cars build.
Can't say there will be no faults.... It's mechanical... With a human involved at some point in the process ... So it will go wrong!! ,as proven, already mentioned in the FE faults.
However great the vehicle is, you must have a good dealer in support, don't you think? ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Jags cat said:
That is what I am reliably informed, Would be good to hear from some other forum members, see if we're all told Friday. My own vehicle is due to be built next.... You've guessed it Friday!!! So... either bugger all happens during the week except Friday's :lol: :eek: or they give Friday as a date to allow some room for contingency etc.
Kind of hope the days of having a Friday afternoon car are long since past and judging by what DAL and I saw on the VIP tour most of the work is done either by robots or a power assist lift or torque measuring Calibrated device is programmed to make sure everything is recorded and logged during each cars build.
Can't say there will be no faults.... It's mechanical... With a human involved at some point in the process ... So it will go wrong!! ,as proven, already mentioned in the FE faults.
However great the vehicle is, you must have a good dealer in support, don't you think? ;)
You guys do know that the "Build Week" date on the Vista system order for is a "week ending on" date, right? That is why they are all Friday dates. I am surprised how much less understanding of the Vista system there seems to be in the UK forums than the NA ones, despite both markets using the sae system for order tracking.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
How long after build is the dealer notified - I would imagine a few days ?
My build date was supposedly last week but I've not seen it myself. Nothing has changed on system yet apparently so would hope to get a call soon but....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Mondeoman said:
Shaunyt said:
Mondeoman said:
Mine was built last Friday.
Have you been told it's built or even a delivery to dealer and pick up date
The dealer confirmed it's built and will be with them by next Friday latest (fingers crossed)!
Great fingers crossed for you, rather hopping my dealer will be in touch early next week to say mine is built and give me a delivery date

G

·
great

always good to see good / bad dealer reviews then the forum has a more balanced view for other members

but remember we need pics on arrival :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
just got a phone call from my dealership mine is of the assembly line and built just got QA checks then assigned a delivery date to dealership they assure by the end of the month at the latest hopefully sooner :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Shaunyt said:
just got a phone call from my dealership mine is of the assembly line and built just got QA checks then assigned a delivery date to dealership they assure by the end of the month at the latest hopefully sooner :D
Great news, was yours a week ending May 6th date ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts