Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last sleep is over. Today's the day after 6 months of waiting that my car arrives. I've ordered through my company fleet scheme so the car is being delivered to my office. I've kept my diary free of meetings this morning which, in retrospect was a daft thing to do, as I will be looking out of my office window for most of the morning during the 9am - 1pm delivery slot. It's going to be a long morning but an enjoyable evening.

I've enjoyed the joys and pains of vicariously owning the car through the experiences of the forum here for the last few months - thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

The car arrived this morning - no problems with any of the alignment issues or ICTP - I have loaded the 3-SIM and linked up to the various Incontrol Aps and have the various things running on my phone.

Very pleased with everything so far - not driven it yet but looking forward to doing so later and will post some more pictures.

Today is a GOOD day :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Dark Sapphire does look really nice. Do you have to run it in at all?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to the information from the manual:

The vehicle is built using high-precision manufacturing methods, but the moving parts of the engine must still bed-in, relative to each other. The process occurs mainly in the first 3 000 km of operation.

During this running-in period of 3 000 km, observe and follow the instructions below:

Do not fully press the accelerator pedal during starts and normal driving.

Avoid high engine speeds (rpm) until the engine has reached its full operating temperature.

Avoid labouring the engine by operating the engine in too high a gear at low speeds.

Gradually increase engine and road speeds.

Avoid continuous operation at high engine speed and abrupt stops.

Avoid frequent cold starts followed by short-distance driving.

Preferably take longer journeys.

Do not participate in track days, sports driving schools, or any similar events.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking good! Good choice in colour ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts