Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The prolonged wait has given me another bit of a 'wobble' on my order!

Originally had a 3.0D S Polaris white, black 22"s, red/black interior spec car with around 6K extras.... Changed this due to an 'opportunity' for an Ultimate Black FE.

Starting to have my doubts over the practicality of those seats (my main concern), plus the benefits of things like HUD and 360 parking.......

So my question to all of you out there.... How's the leather holding up for you (even just through these early weeks)? plus can you see benefits of HUD etc, or just a nice gimmick for a couple od days and then switched off?

Considering changing back to my original spec plus some more extras (4K) but unsure! - Not like me to be indecisive :oops: This car certainly making me think!

Appreciate any thoughts, accepting that each to their own taste .....

·
Registered
948 Posts
It was mainly the leather colour which stopped me considering the FE but I also questioned whether the HUD and some other key extras were any benefit and ultimately help the FE command any sizeable resale value over a nicely specced S.

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
The Hud is spot on ....works in all light conditions ....use it constantly ....would spec it every time....gave someone a drive in FE .....on the way out he thought it was annoying ....on the way back had to admit he hadn't glanced at speedo once and was sold on the Hud....
Would never of spec'd the seats ....always black and boring ....glad the choice was made for me ....exclusive and absolutely nothing wrong with them... For the first time made me respect the vehicle and keep it cleaner than any other car I've owned ....I think they would look amazing in a black FE imo :eek: :shock: :cool: :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
The HUD, despite the installation looking a bit of an afterthought, has become one of those "essentials" that prior to having, would never have been essential! I now cannot imagine having a car without it.

Normally, I would always go for dark seats, however the FE seats really do lift the interior ambience, so far they look as good as new - I only ever wear Jeans - no stains so far, and I would recommend a regular clean with a good quality leather cleaner.

The LED headlights are magnificent, In Control Touch Pro works extremely well, looks great and other than an initial freeze and sometimes slow boot up times, has worked perfectly. The Meridian 850W Hi Fi also sounds excellent - set in either Meridian settings or good old fashioned Stereo, all Bass and Treble left in their middle settings for neutrality, and the Subwoofer increased to 75% - the system provides a very detailed, rich and enveloping sound with excellent separation, that seems natural rather than fake (as in the Neo or Dolby surround settings).

I have never used the 360 parking, nor probably ever will. The day I cannot park myself will be the day I park the car forever! I very rarely use the reverse camera - it really is not difficult to turn around and look out of the back and sides - perhaps in a few more years when arthritis has set in.....

If I were speccing my own car rather than having the FE, I would definitely choose Ultimate Black, not sure about which interior I would go for, all of the toys plus electrically adjustable steering and memory seats - although not having them does not really bother me or make any difference to my day to day driving, the few times someone else has driven the car has left me playing with the adjusters a bit longer than expected. I do feel they should have been on the "halo" car as standard.

When I did get round to choosing my own car / options, the total came to over £63K, so the FE is probably good value. Still, once the SVR is launched, I will get a chance to see how well the FE values have held up!

·
Registered
195 Posts
pb1695 said:
The HUD, despite the installation looking a bit of an afterthought, has become one of those "essentials" that prior to having, would never have been essential! I now cannot imagine having a car without it.

Normally, I would always go for dark seats, however the FE seats really do lift the interior ambience, so far they look as good as new - I only ever wear Jeans - no stains so far, and I would recommend a regular clean with a good quality leather cleaner.

The LED headlights are magnificent, In Control Touch Pro works extremely well, looks great and other than an initial freeze and sometimes slow boot up times, has worked perfectly. The Meridian 850W Hi Fi also sounds excellent - set in either Meridian settings or good old fashioned Stereo, all Bass and Treble left in their middle settings for neutrality, and the Subwoofer increased to 75% - the system provides a very detailed, rich and enveloping sound with excellent separation, that seems natural rather than fake (as in the Neo or Dolby surround settings).

I have never used the 360 parking, nor probably ever will. The day I cannot park myself will be the day I park the car forever! I very rarely use the reverse camera - it really is not difficult to turn around and look out of the back and sides - perhaps in a few more years when arthritis has set in.....

If I were speccing my own car rather than having the FE, I would definitely choose Ultimate Black, not sure about which interior I would go for, all of the toys plus electrically adjustable steering and memory seats - although not having them does not really bother me or make any difference to my day to day driving, the few times someone else has driven the car has left me playing with the adjusters a bit longer than expected. I do feel they should have been on the "halo" car as standard.

When I did get round to choosing my own car / options, the total came to over £63K, so the FE is probably good value. Still, once the SVR is launched, I will get a chance to see how well the FE values have held up!
I would agree with everything you have said, apart from the colour - Caesium Blue was one of the main reasons I went for the FE, and InControl Touch Pro, which has worked perfectly so far!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all who responded.......

Had a good sleep on it, and Mrs S reminded me that one of my Volvo's had a very light interior that I was more than happy with - So been back to dealer today and confirmed my spec as Ultimate Black FE - Apparently should have the keys for it by end of June.

All other 3.0D S spec cars that they have on books are still August/September delivery (nothing coming early!)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I heard on Tuesday that my Ultimate Black FE is in Portbury (Bristol) waiting for a transporter to Exeter - hoping to take delivery Saturday week (4th June). I don't want to rush the PDI, and I've already asked them to check the shut line on the bonnet!

9 sleeps to go...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stagman said:
I heard on Tuesday that my Ultimate Black FE is in Portbury (Bristol) waiting for a transporter to Exeter - hoping to take delivery Saturday week (4th June). I don't want to rush the PDI, and I've already asked them to check the shut line on the bonnet!

9 sleeps to go...
Super news Stagman :)..... Need some Piccies as soon as you get it

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOWZER ....... What a stunning looking car!

My dealer called me this morning and said that my car had just been built and that if I wanted it then he'd arrange for a driver to go down and collect it, then do a super quick PDI and I'd be driving it this evening ..... Now that is what I call great customer service :)

Unfortunately I was in in the middle of fitting a new kitchen in my daughter's first house and just could not take the time out to collect as would have put me way out of what is a tight schedule! So it's coming up on a transporter, and I'll collect next week (been waiting since Sept so another week won't hurt!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts