Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend we had the pleasure of becoming a two-FP family, well just for the weekend. My dealer lent me their brand new demonstrator with only 23 miles on the clock for the weekend (to try and troubleshoot some issues I am having with my car)

So I definitely get what all the fuss is about with Ammo .. it's stunning, and with two of us driving around South London in convoy we definitely turned heads! I could easily have one in both colours. For me the Ammo needs contrasting wheels so I would have gone with Turbines I suspect had I stuck with Ammo as my choice.

From a distance the Glacier White definitely grabs more attention, but up close the Ammonite is beautiful.

Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Gauge Measuring instrument

Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Quite a few interesting things to note.

Firstly this model doesn't have the 14 way seats, and I can honestly say I would really miss them. The standard seats aren't uncomfortable but having gone from one directly into the other the difference is very noticeable. Make sure you test drive them.

Secondly the difference in noise, considering these are identical cars (albeit mine has 1600 more miles on it) I wasn't expecting any difference at all... the demonstrator however has a noticeable whine-up and whine-down from the first turbocharger. You can't hear the turbo at all in mine. Also the demo has a strange almost ticking type sounds on acceleration (a bit like the thread from Magnus a few weeks ago) again not intrusive but a different sounds from mine. Also the front suspension was noisy over speed humps (mine isn't) but the rear suspension felt much tighter than mine (the reason for borrowing the car).

Another interesting point was the stereo (same 825W surround as mine) but I couldn't get it to sound right. Was disappointed all over again! So this must be due to the drive units not loosening up. Going back from the demo to my car this afternoon I noticed a huge improvement in the sound. So if you've just picked yours up and it has the 825W unit and you are disappointed .. let it bed in!

The demo has mood lighting which confirmed to me that I won't miss it. Last night I did exactly what I did in my Evoque which was set it to match the rest of the dash and leave it! I also lowered the light setting as I found it all a little distracting.

Shut lines etc all spot on .. but the rear windscreen wiper wouldn't return to it's parked position so stayed at 45 degrees. No obvious ICTP gremlins during the two days. All cameras came on fine, phones stayed connected, etc, etc .. but then mine's been playing ball too for the last few days!

One thing I thought a little shocking was the leather on the drivers seat .. this is a car with 23 miles on the clock ...

Textile Orange Material property Tints and shades Motor vehicle

Oh and one other thing .. the idle speed on mine is 750rpm and on the demo is 650rpm ... anyone else with a 3.0d care to take a reading?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Very nice. Yes the leather is something you need to look out for. Mine has some issues - not as bad as that but they are swapping it out.
How's the handling - maybe that's a post for the main had hard ride thread.
Get yourself a petrol test drive just so you can check them all out :) forget the 2.0

The 14 way is interesting as I'm finding the position very uncomfortable on my right leg under the hamstring. I've tried many positions but don't think I can do long journeys. Maybe I needed the 14 way.
My XF was lovely seating wise and I could do 500 miles and not be stiff.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
So this weekend we had the pleasure of becoming a two-FP family………
One thing I thought a little shocking was the leather on the drivers seat .. this is a car with 23 miles on the clock ...

View attachment 2456
JLR obviously cost cutting by using hide from tired old wrinkled heffers!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Speaking as a relatively early adopter and joint founding member of the ammonite club, along with Jags cat and Caveman Carl, and others like Rsport27, and those who've come on board since, I think we can all be magnanimous enough to welcome any part-time wannabes with open arms! Ammonite is the best, it just is . . there's no disputing the fact . . ha ha! :lol:

But I hope my ammo buddies will forgive me if I make a case that other colours do have their place too . . those pics showing the white alongside do kind of prove that, whatever colour, F-Paces are just bl**dy gorgeous looking cars!

( . . Ammo's still the best tho' :p )

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mine ticks over at a steady 650rpm

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yup, looks good in white and I agree with Catwoman - these cars are gorgeous! They look good in any colour.
But I still find my gaze drawn to the Ammo car in those photos. It just is the best. Such presence...!! :cool: :D :cool:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I would never disagree with Catwoman, being a gentleman an all that, but on this occasion I totally agree! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well if it's any consolation for the rest of us I was talking to an Ammo owner on my dealer's car park this morning and as I was about to jump into my car he shouted after me...................'oh my God I wish I had chosen that BRG colour instead of my very drab Ammonite'. Of course I told him not to be silly as all these F-Pace colours had 'such presence'

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
YORKIE said:
'oh my God I wish I had chosen that BRG colour instead of my very drab Ammonite'. Of course I told him not to be silly as all these F-Pace colours had 'such presence'
Grey would have that effect on People :shock: :eek: eventually they start to rename it :eek: :shock: :? :lol:

·
Registered
922 Posts
What a difficult choice JLR... To step outside and think hummm....? Pure and true in white... Or... Dark and mysterious in grey.. :? Bit like the Angel and devil Sat on your shoulders.... :evil: :D hope you can get some resolution and answers to your cars problems... Either that or take the grey back and tell them what's wrong with that one too!!
Might want to re-consider your JLR tag to 2 Jags :lol:
All the best mate.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jags cat said:
What a difficult choice JLR... To step outside and think hummm....? Pure and true in white... Or... Dark and mysterious in grey.. :? Bit like the Angel and devil Sat on your shoulders.... :evil: :D hope you can get some resolution and answers to your cars problems... Either that or take the grey back and tell them what's wrong with that one too!!
Might want to re-consider your JLR tag to 2 Jags :lol:
All the best mate.
Thanks JC. It was a very useful excercise to feel the slight difference in the set up on the rear suspensions. So I think it's something that can be altered in software. Anyway we shall see. It's back in on 31st. For now I just avoiding speed bumps! Big kudos to Harwoods Croydon for loaning me the car for the weekend.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
F-Pace S said:
Mine ticks over at a steady 650rpm
Thanks. Odd mine is different will get them to check.

Just had a thought that maybe I couldn't hear the first turbo as it wasn't working so I just had a go at planting my foot on the floor from a standing start. Oh it's definitely working. Holy moly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Oh and one other thing .. the idle speed on mine is 750rpm and on the demo is 650rpm ... anyone else with a 3.0d care to take a reading?
650rpm

·
Registered
36 Posts
I guess I'm a little slow on the draw as it took me a while to figure out what the ammo club was :) Once I saw a few pictures, the gears started turning!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
karl1672 said:
I guess I'm a little slow on the draw as it took me a while to figure out what the ammo club was :) Once I saw a few pictures, the gears started turning!
:lol: . . don't worry, despite the confusing name, we're nothing to do with the NRA :)

Your car looks absolutely perfect in that quayside setting in the Florida sunshine!! . . . jealous, raining and windy here in Yorkshire today :cry:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks catwoman. Sunny and warm with a nice tropical breeze here - not to rub it in :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts