Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 1068 Hi All

I am looking for a bit of advice, I have been thinking about buying the F Pace for some time now, I went to my local dealer (Carrs Jaguar) Cornwall. They sat and talked to me about all the different models and helped me narrow down to what I want. But they have thrown a spanner in the mix as they have a demonstration car for sale which will be available in January. To me it seems like a great deal but I wanted to ask you guys. I have attached the photos of the car in question and they have offered it to me for £46,173 with a 5 year service plan. From what i can see it has over a £3,000 saving with the extras it has.
Extras
Black Pack
Fixed Side Steps
Pan Roof
Privacy Glass
Mud Flaps
Upgraded Alloys
10 way electric seats
Blind spot monitors
And some other things but I cant remember it all.

I am unsure whether to go for this or to wait 3 months and get my own, my only concern is if it doesn't arrive in March i will have the tax increase. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hmm toughie...it is helps, mine was ordered two weeks ago, and delivery in end of jan, so plenty of leeway from that perspective.

On the other hand, if this has all the kit you would put on it anyway, and it is £3k cheaper, hell, I would get in it for Christmas, that is less depreciation to worry about.

It is such a great car, you will love it either way

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
You may have your own answer then, get it bought!!

However, if for example, you a specific feature, order your own, but it sounds like it is close enough for you to love

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
For me it would come down to my heart's desire. This isn't a 'needs must' purchase but a discretionary spend.

How important is it to you that you are the first owner, the only person to have driven her from new and that you have specified the exact options and build to your budget and dream? Not much? Get this demonstrator and remind yourself how much money you have saved. Sounds like you? Be patient, build and order your exact car and spend the next few years basking in that joy rather than telling yourself that the compromise was worth it for the £3k.

Different dealers have different lead times on the F-pace. They all have build slots allocated to them and, if they haven't been to successful in selling cars lately, they will have some slots left before April's hike in road tax. So if your local Jaguar dealer doesn't have ny build slots left then find one that does. There are no deals to be done on brand new F-pace orders so it doesn't matter hugely if you choose a different dealer to ensure delivery before April 2017

Hope it helps.

Either way, enjoy!

Arianne

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
PS the car you actually want is the red one to the left ;) :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
If the options on the car are the same options you would have picked, then go for it. It sounds like that's the case. My last 4 cars have all been ex-demos before this one, and I have never regretted it.

If it's an ex-demo you can be pretty sure it's not been rejected by a previous owner. £3k seems like a fair saving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would love to go for the red 3 litre but its just out of my price range but they are doing saving on all their demos on the front. I think i will go for it, will go and see them next week see if i can get anymore out of them

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchased a demo (around 500 miles on it). It had pretty much everything I wanted except ICTP, which I'm now actually OK with not getting since ICT does everything I need. One nice thing was that the car was pretty much sorted and I haven't had any issues. I suspect the dealer made sure to take care of Topix, etc since it was a demo. Happy with my decision.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Also check if it has the memory option for the 10-way seats, without it this stops near side mirror dropping (not that everyone on here likes this - I do!) its a strange situation but worth knowing if this is a feature you want/need.

If the spec isn't exactly what you want/can bear, you also have the option of ordering a new car to your spec and writing on the order that acceptance is subject to the car being taxed before the end of March 2017, failure to supply by date nullifies the order. If they fail I'm sure you will find a lot of other ex-demo cars around in March when dealers are pushing the 17 reg cars and have their 66 reg demonstrators to hand!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can't say if the F-Pace is a good deal or not, as I haven't kept up with the prices. But the dealer, Carrs, is very good. I've just got my XF from them, and their customer service, both pre and post-sales is being excellent, even with me being hundreds of mile from them.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
one thing to ask is the side steps, i had the factory fit the electronic side steps as i thought for such a big car they would be useful, now i think they just get in the way getting in and out of the car and the only time i use them is to wash the roof, an expensive toy that i wish i did not now get.

Personally i would ask if this is what you want then get it, if your not 100% then there will be others, do not rush into a purchase you later regret.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Too much Black me thinks. Lower the rear seat backs and you could collect the deceased in your private Ambulance. LOL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.