Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... on a Volvo XC60, a model that has been in production since 2008.

Reading some of the threads on this forum does, from time to time, freak me out TBH. I ask myself, "What have I done by ordering a £57k F-pace which sounds like it's going to fall apart before I even get it back from the dealer's forecourt."

And then I stumbled earlier today across this thread which has generated a lot of traffic over the last few days on the Volvo XC60 owners' forum. Did I mention that we currently drive a 2014 XC60 R-design? I think I might have elsewhere :)

Anyway, I know the XC60 is near the end of its production life and so, after discounts, it doesn't really live in quite the same market segment as the F-pace (list price is comparable with the 2.0d F-pace but not the real price to purchase). But, despite being around for eight years, you can see what the owners have said about their cars. It's Volvo, they've had plenty of time to perfect the product and it's not a cheap car. But the story isn't dissimilar, which doesn't make it right or any better for us, but does reaffirm that this is life and we need to sort out the problems and try and get on with the enjoyment, wherever possible.

Here's the link: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=259247

It's current, active and doesn't feel that different to the world of F-pace owners? Just an observation, that's all. If you have problems with your new car then I hope your dealer treats you properly and resolves it asap. Stuff happens, it drives us all mad and then...... it gets sorted, eventually :roll:

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and then stumbled over this thread - Volvo Concierge, never refuel, wash or vacuum your car ever again :roll:

https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/en-us/media/pressreleases/200874/never-take-your-car-for-gas-cleaning-or-service-again

Honestly, where will it end? "For a small charge of $3 the guy will refuel your car",....... and have lots of fun blasting around San Francisco in it because he can only afford a more modest car but yours will give him the thrills he is seeking out on the freeway!

Arianne

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I read the first thread Arianne (I now know way more about XC60s than I wanted!) and I think there's quite a big difference between the discussion there and the various problem threads in here.

The XC60 owners are commenting on intentional features and design that irritate them.

In the main we are comparing notes on features not working as intended.

Wishing you a pleasant Sunday. I'm about to head off and see how battered Brighton is after the storms.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
I read the first thread Arianne (I now know way more about XC60s than I wanted!) and I think there's quite a big difference between the discussion there and the various problem threads in here.

The XC60 owners are commenting on intentional features and design that irritate them.

Wishing you a pleasant Sunday. I'm about to head off and see how battered Brighton is after the storms.
I think that's a fair comment JLR5, on reflection. Possible exception being the ill fitting bonnet, by design, which never completely sits snug.

We are on Virgin East Coast heading back to Bonnie Scotland late this afternoon. Enjoy your day!

Arianne

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:

Best not bring you hat were got a right battering last night and the winds are still blowing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts