Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Things I would like JLR to develop on the F-Pace

9K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  jinjin 
Neilmacd said:
Both the Incontrol Touch and the Incontrol Touch Pro are powerful but complicated systems that have the potential to provide the driver with an enormous amount of information,. However much of this is wasted as in my experience the dealers do not have a full grasp of the system's capabilities, and as a new owner of a Jaguar F-Pace, I was left to my own devices to play with the system and discover what was available and what I wanted to use. I would not be surprised if the majority of Jaguar owners using the new system were aware of less than half of the capabilities of the systems. The Owners Handbook and associated instructional videos on line are helpful but limited and not the full story. I personally believe the Jaguar Land Rover dealers or the company itself should provide free training sessions dealing specifically with the infotainment systems for individuals purchasing a new car from them, and run by experts that know the systems in depth. Perhaps only then will most new Jaguar (and Land Rover) owners be able to tap into all the information that is available in the system, and use it effectively.
I agree, this would be a brilliant service to offer. When I bought my Evoque, the car I owned before I got my FP, it came with a complimentary half-day's off-road training course, which was absolutely fantastic because the instructor really knew every aspect of the car and it's systems. I came away from that course, not just knowing what the car was physically capable of, but with a much more in-depth knowledge of the sat nav/infotainment system, which he explained in some considerable detail before we even started any off-roading . . some of what I learned that day has been useful to me to transfer over onto the workings of ITC which is on my FP, because even though they are different there are many similarities. So, yes, it would be great if Jag could offer something similar specifically for their own range . . heck, it wouldn't even have to be free of charge, I reckon I'd pay to go on an afternoon's training with someone if they were really 'in the know'!

But it's like when you buy a new iPad, you get absolutely no instructions on what it's capable of, you have to kind of blindly figure it all out as you go along, like it's some kind of krypton factor aptitude test!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.