Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Things I would like JLR to develop on the F-Pace

9K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  jinjin 
Both the Incontrol Touch and the Incontrol Touch Pro are powerful but complicated systems that have the potential to provide the driver with an enormous amount of information,. However much of this is wasted as in my experience the dealers do not have a full grasp of the system's capabilities, and as a new owner of a Jaguar F-Pace, I was left to my own devices to play with the system and discover what was available and what I wanted to use. I would not be surprised if the majority of Jaguar owners using the new system were aware of less than half of the capabilities of the systems. The Owners Handbook and associated instructional videos on line are helpful but limited and not the full story. I personally believe the Jaguar Land Rover dealers or the company itself should provide free training sessions dealing specifically with the infotainment systems for individuals purchasing a new car from them, and run by experts that know the systems in depth. Perhaps only then will most new Jaguar (and Land Rover) owners be able to tap into all the information that is available in the system, and use it effectively.

On another matter, it is frustrating that, having inserted a multitude of addresses into my address book section of my Iphone (5s), complete with postcodes, there seems to be no way of selecting them for navigation purposes when the phone is connected to the car. Again, this should be a fairly straightforward software fix. Plus any photos of friends/clients on the address book in the phone don't appear on the screen

While I'm in the mood, I shall continue... The F-Pace I purchased on 1 Sep '16 is the 2.0 R-Sport AWD model with manual gear change, and with the Incontrol Touch Pro fitted. Previously I owned an Audi Q5 S Line Plus Quattro, a similar car with the same engine capacity and also with manual gearshift. The physical position of First gear on the Audi is very similar to Third gear on the F-Pace, and on three occasions when joining a major road on an uphill T junction, I have stalled the car, due to inadvertently selecting third instead of first gear for the start. In one instance as the car jumped forward before stalling, it came close to causing an accident, which would have been totally my fault. However on the Audi Q5, I was used to seeing which gear I was in displayed on the instrument panel in front of me, when that gear was selected and power applied. Additionally it advised the driver when to change up or down. As I understand the system, the present gear selection on the F-Pace is displayed on the automatic version when the paddles are used, and on the Head Up display, an optional extra that I didn't request. The only indication I have concerning gearing on my F-Pace is a green indicator telling me when to change up. From a road safety viewpoint, I would recommend that the Incontrol Touch and the Incontrol Touch Pro on all Jaguars is updated or upgraded as a matter of urgency to include a digital indication of the selected gear, particularly the manual models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.