Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Things I would like JLR to develop on the F-Pace

9K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  jinjin 
#1 ·
Apologies for repeating my posting from another topic, but thought it might be an idea to make a list of things that JLR could consider in their development programme for the car.

It is a pity there isn't a 'like' function on the site as on another forum I belong to the software developers use the number of likes for suggestions to help them prioritise the development and enhancement of their software, a win - win as the developers get some direction and the customers have a say on what additional functionality they would like (or the developers can explain why physics and reality might hinder their ability to add the requested functionality).

Ignoring faults with and the quality of assembly of individual cars (which should all hopefully be resolved) it may be worth helping JLR by giving them an idea of what their customers feel is important for the development or improvement of the car. This might be in terms of materials used on the interior, the shape of the rear end of the production car compared to the prototype, fuel economy, larger engine with more power output, or whatever.

My 2p worth is.

Having used the remote start function on frosty mornings the thing I would like to be able to do is have the ability to turn on the heating system to its max de-mist/defrost setting with the remote app so not only would the car be toasty warm when I get in but the front and rear windscreens would also be completely clear, even when I only have a short amount of time between starting the car and wanting to drive off.

Fortunately the 3 times I have used the remote start function I had time to sit and have a coffee while I waited for it all to clear.

That said, I do like the remote start and this would be classified as a 'nice to have' if I was prioritising functionality to develop.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
big jon said:
Never had a problem frosty mornings remote start and after 10 mins all car is clear both front and rear heated screen are on and are clear
Guess no like for my idea from big jon then :D

Discussion starter · #7 ·
big jon said:
Jim said:
big jon said:
Never had a problem frosty mornings remote start and after 10 mins all car is clear both front and rear heated screen are on and are clear
Guess no like for my idea from big jon then :D
The idea is already there you set car temp and it heats up and turns both heated screens on, on the remote app. You are asking for something that is already there :lol:
The few times I have used the remote start I have not seen the lines in the frost that I would expect if the heating elements were active and fortunately had time for a quick coffee while it all cleared away. It may be that though there was frost on the glass and roof the ambient temperature wasn't low enough to trigger the heating elements to switch on.

As suggested by Arianne (I think it was) there may be an option somewhere in the settings to select auto screen clearing. I will look when my wife returns with my car which she has 'borrowed' for the weekend leaving me with her little Peugeot 2008! Her car is well put together, all panels aligned, etc. but the infotainment system is very basic and the car is very labour intensive. You have to push a button to unlock the car, put the key in a hole and turn it to start the engine, lift the tailgate and then lower it yourself, manually push the seat back and forth, the list is endless and I'm quite exhausted after all this work. :D

In case it's not obvious, I'm missing my F-Pace :cry:

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all those that replied to my original post, I have found the setting to get the auto screen heaters on, which they were already. I will check they are working correctly when we get the next frost.

So that was easy for JLR, they had already provided what I wanted :D

Anyone else got any ideas on what they would like adding or changing on the F-Pace?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.