Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, chatting to th insurance company and obviously there needs to be a Tracker fitted to the big boy versions. They have said that they will fit at dealer and it will cost blah blah blah. Raised the question of using the dealer option tracker and all they have come back with is that it must be a cat 6 GPRS tracker. Anybody had this option put on and if so, do you know the rating of it?

(Hopefully no confusion from luminated this time with the title of the thread :lol: )

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Personally I'd go with a company that doesn't insist on a tracker. Try direct line they are doing really cheap quotes on the FP at the moment. I'm paying £280 and I live in central London and park on the street!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
I am also with Direct Line and No Tracker, not just the cost of installation but also the cost yearly ontop, plus Direct Line are much cheaper then anyone else I found.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I'm out in Germany with the forces so I'm limited on the companies which are recognised by the BFG (British Forces Germany) registration system. I think we have a grand total of 4 companies. Three of them screw us over because they know we have little choice. This one demands a tracker.

Crap situation but it's the price we pay for the benefits we get...

·
Registered
67 Posts
The factory fitted tracker is Cat 6 and it works , they lost track of my car when I Tralee through the Channel Tunnel and I got a phone call asking if everything was ok and to confirm a few details to make sure it was me.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That Direct Line tip is amazing, thank you so much!

Best quote on Compare the Market was about £350 and then £575 when I added our 24yr old son.

Direct Line came in at £173 and £330 respectively. How good is that?

And with a smaller excess of just £350 compared to £500 elsewhere.

Thanks again.

Arianne

·
Registered
922 Posts
Your putting your boy on ....... :eek: !! Don't get me wrong....I love my boy, and he spends all day fixing and driving Audis that in somecases cost more than double mine, however I know he is a typical 20 year old male that needs to show everyone that he has arrived on most occasions, and openly admits that if gave him the money he would spend all day in a Lamborghini.... Practising for the Cannonball Run.
Ok to be fair so would I , however with a little bit more decorum ie blip the throttle... not bounce it of the limiter.... And what the hell is it with this banging and popping on let off... Sounds like a knackered engine. :roll:
Remember going to F1 display in 1993, they played the national anthem using different Rpms on an v 10 controlled via a programmed lap top, loud but very clever. :geek:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
^ my son drives more carefully than I do. He uses his Audi TT every day and has owned it from new in May 2014. His mantra is that, with a car like that, he doesn't need to drive fast to impress folk - the car says it all. He has been driving since 17, we didn't front up for him on his insurance policies and he now has 6/7 years NCB. He drives our XC60 R-design home and abroad. I know what his appetite for risk is whether it's driving, skiing or almost anything else in life. He sits perfectly on the risk spectrum between Mrs A and myself!

Not sure what we have done to deserve him but he is a mature, balanced lad who enjoys life for the long-term. Was the same even when he was at University!

Arianne

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Jags cat said:
Your putting your boy on ....... :eek: !! Don't get me wrong....I love my boy, and he spends all day fixing and driving Audis that in somecases cost more than double mine, however I know he is a typical 20 year old male that needs to show everyone that he has arrived on most occasions, and openly admits that if gave him the money he would spend all day in a Lamborghini.... Practising for the Cannonball Run.
Ok to be fair so would I , however with a little bit more decorum ie blip the throttle... not bounce it of the limiter.... And what the hell is it with this banging and popping on let off... Sounds like a knackered engine. :roll:
Remember going to F1 display in 1993, they played the national anthem using different Rpms on an v 10 controlled via a programmed lap top, loud but very clever. :geek:
Sounds like me and I am In my late forties, as for the F1 car it as done by Renault and you can see it on YouTube.

Give you son the keys and let him play, what harm can he do :twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts