Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After picking up the car on Friday and taking it straight to the detailers, I've finally got my hand back on my car and I'm very very happy with the result!

the detailers (http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/detailing/new-car-protection-treatment.aspx) decide dependant on the car which products to specifically use. I've had

* Nanolex si3D ( UF are waiting for g-techniq CS black v3 due in a few weeks - said they find the current stuff a difficult application on dark colours)
* Gtechniq C5 alloy wheel armour
* Colourlock Leather Shield
* Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric

I decided against any glass treatment, was aware of a potential risk of wiper judder on treated glass and was comfortable not to have it.

all in all very pleased with the result, by no way the cheapest but only one of a few approved detailers in my area. 13hr were spent on the car!

now time to enjoy
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Grille

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Fan-flippin-tastic liquid shine! Love the reflections ... is that a tattoo on your leg?!

It's definitely worth the extra on darker colours. I couldn't quite justify it myself on a white car given the free Autoglym Lifeshine thrown in. However I will almost certainly visit a detailer on it's first or second anniversary to bring it back to new.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That's a fabulous suite of images there. Love the colour and choice of wheels. Arianne

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Fan-flippin-tastic liquid shine! Love the reflections ... is that a tattoo on your leg?!

It's definitely worth the extra on darker colours. I couldn't quite justify it myself on a white car given the free Autoglym Lifeshine thrown in. However I will almost certainly visit a detailer on it's first or second anniversary to bring it back to new.
Haha no tattoos.. just hair!

Agreed on a white car the noticeable different would be negligible.

having to go over it already and clear the bug splatter! Love the way it cruises along on the motorway, looked at the speedo (the dash full screen map is great btw!) and was hitting 90.. felt like it was floating along effortlessly!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
That is some storm too!

I toyed with the idea of Storm Grey for quite a long time when I was config'ing, but I just couldn't justify the extra cost to myself :cry: . . . but that really does look amazing!

In another life, if I didn't live where I do, then I'd have gone for those big wheels too; that Storm and Helix combo is just so right! :cool:

Congrats on getting it and the beautiful detailed finish, it really sets it off well . . . now get driving, just try to avoid those pesky insects, easy!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
corriescar66 said:
Looks fabulous!

Was that done at the Brands Hatch site?
that's right, luckily not far for me

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they were on the top end of the scale tbh but happy with the results.

prices can be seen at http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/detailing/new-car-protection-treatment.aspx and the F-Pace is their group C.

I went for the dual coating 'Ultra' package and that was £720. That was just the body work, wheels, leather and fabric were extra.

in the SE corner of London where I am, there is also a company called WOW factors http://www.wowfactors.ltd.uk they are one of the few approved Gtechniq mobile detailers.. but all similarly priced tbh.

·
Registered
138 Posts
wow - your new F Pace looks absolutely stunning - health to enjoy every minute!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Beautiful car, beautiful finish, welcome to the club my fellow stormtrooper. :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Looks great ! Nice deep gloss - bet looks great in person

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
They have done a stonking job with your car and it looks amazing, a very good job, now you just need to keep it looking that way.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks chaps and chapesses! If I do say so myself, it looks amazing in person. Think I'm developing an OCD wiping and little smudge and bug mark. Kids food ban in place, and told them I'd be their chauffeur and open their rear doors in fear of them slamming it into something

·
Registered
36 Posts
Boootiful !!!!! just confirms that after much deliberation I have ordered the correct colour albeit I'm going for the black helix 22's for a complete change to what I'm used to, that storm grey is fantastic. Will book in with my detailer once delivery date arranged but that's a good bit away yet
Looking forward to more pics of interior etc !

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
5 weeks in and still not given her a bath!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

(Note the strategic parking in the station car park, furthest away from anyone else!)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts