Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a call from my dealer they are calling the car down today and hopefully (fingers crosed) I should have it by the end of the the month , all i have to do now is get rid of my XF.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Had a call from my dealer early this morning to say my car arrived yesterday and was now in the preparation bay. It left the production line on 10th July so hopefully all the latest modifications will have been incorporated so no squeaky springs!! It will be ready to collect on Monday morning and then battle will commence on what discount I can get and what they will give me for my 17 month old XF Sportbrake. I will not be sold tyre insurance,paint and fabric protection, and gap insurance as the dealers make too much for themselves on these items. Happy days!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hydrajaws said:
Had a call from my dealer early this morning to say my car arrived yesterday and was now in the preparation bay. It left the production line on 10th July so hopefully all the latest modifications will have been incorporated so no squeaky springs!! It will be ready to collect on Monday morning and then battle will commence on what discount I can get and what they will give me for my 17 month old XF Sportbrake. I will not be sold tyre insurance,paint and fabric protection, and gap insurance as the dealers make too much for themselves on these items. Happy days!!!
Mine was called down two Monday's back and arrived on the Tuesday after, PDI on the Wednesday, Leather/Paint protection yesterday, and collected this morning - well worth the wait as originally was estimated at November :)

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was told tonight the car will be with the dealer tomorrow now waiting to see when I can collect it, will have the car just in time to run down to the South if France on Thusday next week. The dealer gave me really good price on the XF so getting happier all the time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Doppleganger said:
Was told tonight the car will be with the dealer tomorrow now waiting to see when I can collect it, will have the car just in time to run down to the South if France on Thusday next week. The dealer gave me really good price on the XF so getting happier all the time.
You're gonna love it, and what a drive to France! :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Doppleganger said:
Pack loads of water for the wait at Dover... I envy you that drive thouhg, haven't done it for a few years and I just know I would enjoy it in the F-Pace, it was brilliant in simple Citroen's and Vauxhalls, the Jag would be perfect for it, the French know how to make roads and they drive a lot better on motorways that folk do in this country, it makes distance driving a pleasure rather than a chore!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Collection 9.00am Friday, gives me time to get used to the toys before the run in Fance on Thursday. Can't wait for either now 1. Seeing my car for the first time and 2. Having a nice long run, it should be well run in by the time I get back

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Doppleganger said:
Collection 9.00am Friday, gives me time to get used to the toys before the run in Fance on Thursday. Can't wait for either now 1. Seeing my car for the first time and 2. Having a nice long run, it should be well run in by the time I get back
That is fab news, I did exactly the same a few years back with my new BM, picked it up a week before the family holiday to France, added an extra special occasion to the trip, wish you well, lots of pics :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Doppleganger said:
Nice that was my hope but I was given false info . You going by Chunnel or boat ?
Thinking the train may be tight width wise on the wheels so be interesting to hear.
Take a pic of rear show how tight it it or not :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Doppleganger said:
Nice that was my hope but I was given false info . You going by Chunnel or boat ?
Thinking the train may be tight width wise on the wheels so be interesting to hear.
Take a pic of rear show how tight it it or not :)
Chunneling it, I was wondering about the fit, I will post some pics when I can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts