Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have changed my order three times in the past two weeks and still have a lot of time before the car is finalised.

I have been looking around and it seems that the one year residuals on the petrol are much better than the diesel and as I only plan on keeping it for a year before swapping it for another one it seems like I am better off getting the petrol.

Please talk me out of it as it will cost me a fortune on fuel...

·
Registered
410 Posts
:twisted: Do it

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes do it! As on a previous post I commented that after 4 years jaguar finance Gfv was nearly £1700 more than the diesel when I specd them up to the same specification, making the monthly payments about £60 less per month. That included the 5 year service plan which is £300 more on the petrol. However I only do 10,0000 miles a year max, so fuel costs are not a worry. If I was doing well over 20,000 a year I would probably go deisel. Also the last couple of years diesel has been in the press with the goverment saying it was wrong to promote it as cleaner due to the noxious gasses that are present. Also another reason..... Everything will be electric or hydrogen very rapidly from 2020 onwards (10% of UK car sales are predicted to be electric by 2020), so i have read). Therefore burn it while you still can and also whilst you are still allowed to drive your own car yourself before the self driving robots take over :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
I much prefer the relaxing torque of the diesel compared to the petrol. But you really can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have seen a review where they said the deisel is better suited to the F-Pace and having test driven one no one will be disappointed, even on my mileage and even though I was adamant I was going to have a petrol this year, if the finance figures had been reversed I would have had the deisel......... I think. Let's face it if you are going to buy a new car and keep it for 3 years you know it is just like setting half of your money on fire and watching it burn. However watching it burn whilst sitting in your new car takes a lot longer and is much more pleasurable!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have driven both the petrol and the diesel and I found that the diesel suited my driving style. Having said that, the petrol sounds much better.
I am waiting for the diesel to be delivered but if you want the petrol go for it.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Having owned 2 supercharged JLR vehicles in the past I would say do it!

I thought I'd never own a diesel however until I drove the 3.0d .. the wave of torque in any gear is addictive :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Having owned 2 supercharged JLR vehicles in the past I would say do it!

I thought I'd never own a diesel however until I drove the 3.0d .. the wave of torque in any gear is addictive :)
Yes the diesel is very good isn't it. I've got an XF 3.0 S and also driven the F Pace 3.0 and they are very good bags of torque and great overtaking while on move so 30-60 or 60 - 100 or whatever you want to do.
I've had a diesel for so long now really wanted a change of petrol and the new sound . Sod the mileage !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts