Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Not really been on here much for a while, and I've had a quick search this evening (not my strong point really so sorry if I've missed it) about winter/all season tyres.

Last time I asked and had several conversations with you guys on here I ended up with Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S 255/50 R20 109V XL which I have to say I have been very pleased with, living in the country, they have preformed brilliantly on the muddy/leafy roads, in the rain and the snow and across the occasional field and still eaten up the motorway miles (maybe slightly noisy but not noticeably).

So what do I get next? I presume the Wintrac Pro's are replacement, has anyone experienced them? A couple of garages have recommended the Pirelli Scorpian Verde all season, citing they are a better design without the V shape pattern and quieter, I also don't think they can (or be bothered) to get the Vredesteins....

Are feedback welcome (even if that's pointing me to another post, most I could find were over a year ago.

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had the Pirellis on my Discovery Sport & they were fine & did 22k miles before I traded it in for the F Pace. Many forum users swear by Michelin Cross Climate tyres, if they are still available. :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure this adds much but I also have Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season on my Discovery Sport (F-Pace on order). They've been good so far but I've not done many miles since changing one pair. The other pair have been on longer, wear seems to be good. As for Tyre noise, I only have the previous factory fitted Goodyear's to compare to. I've put Michelin all season on our Mercedes E200 convertible, they also appear to be ok, no noisier than previous factory fitted summer tyres.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the 20” contisport 5s replaced with Pirelli Scorpion zero all season, a few months ago. To date I am very impressed, especially in wet and muddy conditions.
On various cars over the years I have used the gen 1 and 2 Goodyear 4 seasons and can highly recommend them too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I run a dedicated set of winters and chose a set of 18" Bridgestone Blizzak LM005s. These have been awesome so far, and I get better MPG on them than on the 22" P Zeros that came with the car. They aren't quite as diehard snow tyres (although still some of the best) as some others but for the British winter they are some of the best around I believe. Were about £650 for a set of 4 which given they were brand new tyres at the time I don't think was too horrendous.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the 20” Pirelli all season on both my Evoques. Now got 22” Pirelli pzero on the f pace, noisier but good grip

·
Registered
482 Posts
I recently replaced the 19" Pirelli P-Zeros on my F-Pace. The grip was not good with lots of skipping when it was cold due to the Ackerman suspension setup and of late it didn't feel there was much grip with the road. I replaced them with Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season M+S and the grip has been transformed. No skipping yet despite the cold weather and it feels much more planted on the road. These tyres are much quieter than the P-Zeros as well. It will be interesting to see what they are like in the ice and snow. We had them on our Freelander and they performed very well.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wouldn't touch another P-Zero with a bargepole, not on the 19" wheels anyway. Swapped mine for Goodyear Eagles and no longer get the Ackermans every time I'm on full lock - so much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts