Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my self-inflicted pain of waiting twelve months from order to collection has moved one stage nearer tonight. Another milestone passed.

Got a call from my dealer asking if I would like to pop along at my convenience and sign off on the order and double check the Vista2 order. So agreed to pop in and have a chat at 5:30pm this afternoon.

Upon arrival received a nice cup of tea and then we went through the Vista2 print out and the dealer's order form line by line. All present and correct! We signed off the documents and then they were photocopied and a set was handed to me for safe keeping.

Vista is showing Lock Down as 17 November, Build Date as w/e 16 December and delivery planned for 20 January 2017. That'll give the dealer a good few weeks to properly PDI it ready for collection on 4 March 2017. Well that's the plan!

Finished off with the dealer showing me the 14 way sports seats on one of their cars and how the lumber and side bolsters adjusted. And then a trip into the compound so they could show me an IRR S Supercharged F-Pace which had just been delivered so I could see my 22" grey/silver turbines in real life and then their new Ammonite S demonstrator which has the configurable mood lighting.

So that was a nice trip out and a good end to my working week.

JLR5 - I have so far resisted the temptation to add anything more to the specification since adding the reclining rear seats!

Best wishes,

Arianne

PS. there's just one thing I am just slightly unsure about and would appreciate folks' help if you have time? 22" turbines or 22" double helix? Wife and Son say turbines and they are a bit cheaper and don't have the black plastic inserts. But I am indecisive. Saw them tonight on the SC and they looked okay but wondered whether the demonstrator with the double helix looked a bit better? Aagh! Help! First world problem, I know!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Funny isn't it? We all know that the correct answer to this question is that it's personal taste and that you should choose for yourself and no one else. In reality it's much harder - even for someone like Arianne who really seems like he 'has his shit together'.
If I could have brought myself to ignore the replacement costs, I would have definitely gone for 22s. The choice of which ones would have depended on the colour of the car, but I think the chrome turbines go with just about anything. The standard turbines seem to go with just about anything and look great. The helixes look good too (let's be honest they all do) but if you nailed me down to the 2 options you suggest then I would go with the turbines.
Doubt it will make any difference that I agree with your family. If you want the helixes go with them. If you're anything like me, whichever choice you make you'll then be thinking you should have gone with the other one

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bonkers. It does help, honestly. My son said that he actually thought the turbines were the more expensive option rather than the double helix. Which, of course, they are not.

Best wishes.

Arianne

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hey Mr A.

For what it's worth here's my opinion. The Turbine is a great looking wheel and works best with the greys, DSB and BRG because of the grey accent.

For me the Helix work better with the bright colours like IRR where the black pack is used. The black inserts work well with the black pack.

You've gone for a rare combo. IRR without a black pack. I think both wheels will work equally well. I'd probably go for the helix only because the I think the Turbine is adding yet another dynamic (the grey) and I think you already have a few colour themes going on. Having said that I don't think you can go wrong.

Toss a coin!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks JLR5, much appreciated.

Arianne

PS. I wish this silly forum platform had a thank you button! Do you think we will get that when the ICTP software fix is available?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Have to agree with JLR 5 reasonings here. I know I am bias for the helix wheels anyway but IMHO with your spec and colour it would really suit the double helix style, and make it a stand out car, if you want another reason..... Ok here's one.... This style of wheel is very easy to clean as the spokes are much wider apart.
It shouldn't be this hard really but.... At the end of the day ...make sure you get what you want / like. Decisions decisions sleep well A !! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
And if you do (God forbid) do a PaulC the Helix is easier to repair. Not that should be a deciding factor though.

By the way loving my first ever black wheels. They never look dirty! After washing a car I'd always be disappointed by about day 2 or 3 that dirty wheels were spoiling things.

PS forgot to say congrats on having taken the next step Arianne.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hi Arianne,
I went through the same thoughts as you know with IRR, and I agree with the lots of colours going on with the grey of the turbines comments above.

Obviously mine is being built with 22" helix and that was always my first choice, and I have taken great pleasure in looking on AT at the beautiful IRR S's with helix, and I may be wrong but no turbines at all ( but then lol no non black packs either!!!) so what do we know, it is all about personal taste, and both our cars will look fab when they arrive.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, thanks to everyone for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts on this thread.

I have jut returned from the dealership having changed my order from turbines to silver double helix. You know in your stomach when something isn't right and, at 51, I have learned to listen to the voice within. Coupled with your posts I have settled it.

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Registered
922 Posts
:D ;) You knew yourself what you were thinking and why. Maybe you just needed to hear it from some other nosey interfering busy bodies :shock: :eek: (us forum members) :lol: :lol:
Anyway now comes the hard part, leaving the addictive confuserator alone and waiting patiently for the call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.