Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is interested, here's the list of faults 10 days in.

Going back on Sep 26th for a few days to hopefully rectify everything, I would be interested to know if anyone else has seen any of these, and had them successfully rectified.

1. Intermittent (loud) static sounds, instead of beeps, from parking sensors
2. Parking sensors won't activate (yellow flashing lamp on button)
3. Rear parking guidelines incorrectly calibrated (or camera position incorrect)
4. Sunroof global closing not working
5. Remote app reports sunroof left open (it's not)
6. Sunroof one-touch opening intermittently not working
7. Pano blind jams in half open position
8. CD's won't rip to media centre
9. CD's intermittently won't eject
10. CD's rapidly scan through tracks without playing (only happened a few times)
11. CD's lose track and artist information on restarting car
12. Audio won't turn off on exiting and locking car (sometimes takes many minutes)
13. Audio from iPhone sped up by 50% (only happened once)
14. ICTP 3G connection often lost, and takes ages to reconnect
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Oh dear - that's getting a list.
Mine is CDs - known problem
Twice now it's dropped my phone while playing music and won't see it until I turn engine off and "reboot"
Cr&p camera which is out of line and not accurate even within and inch or two,

So far that's it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Ive been very lucky in comparison.

On your list 8) - I got to rip to media centre when spending 1st evening of ownership on the drive with the manual up on my iPad but it seemed to split the album into 2/3 albums. Therefore I decided to put music on a USB stick as I noticed the USB ports are Superspeed ones. This has worked brill ever since - Obviously in conjunction with your audio settings!!! I do still have a cd in the car and regularly get issue 11 - sometimes it recognises the tracks and artist other times it likes me to guess!! But I've got 200 albums on the USB so that gets far more hammer and its been faultless - even managed to get artist info that i hadn't been able to get on my iMac/itunes!!

Your issues are more serious - esp the parking sensors, rear camera and sunroof I would want those things fixing but try the music on USB it only took me about 30 mins to transfer 200 albums to the v3.0 USB- its transfer rates are awesome!!

Hope they find the root cause of the issues and you get fixed first time for all time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Hi JLR how do you notice that the 3G drops ? I've not really been looking out for it as not sure I use it much
Sat Nav uses I understand but I've not really needed it,
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
In case anyone is interested, here's the list of faults 10 days in.

Going back on Sep 26th for a few days to hopefully rectify everything, I would be interested to know if anyone else has seen any of these, and had them successfully rectified.

1. Intermittent (loud) static sounds, instead of beeps, from parking sensors
2. Parking sensors won't activate (yellow flashing lamp on button)
3. Rear parking guidelines incorrectly calibrated (or camera position incorrect)
4. Sunroof global closing not working
5. Remote app reports sunroof left open (it's not)
6. Sunroof one-touch opening intermittently not working
7. Pano blind jams in half open position
8. CD's won't rip to media centre
9. CD's intermittently won't eject
10. CD's rapidly scan through tracks without playing (only happened a few times)
11. CD's lose track and artist information on restarting car
12. Audio won't turn off on exiting and locking car (sometimes takes many minutes)
13. Audio from iPhone sped up by 50% (only happened once)
14. ICTP 3G connection often lost, and takes ages to reconnect
Off your list I did have number 12, told the dealer and they said the update when the car went in with all my other issues would resolve this issue and as of now I have not had it since so fingers crossed an update to the ITCP will resolve your cd issues also.

Jaguar may have been better placed designing the system to receive over the air updates to the ITCP as it would appear these at present will need to be done more then once a year, not good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
My advice to support any claim for rejection is video your own issues. Play the game defend your own case whilst sharing your experience here. My 12 videos went off to JLR together with my 6 weeks notice of repair, failure of which will result in car being rejected, and a full same as spec being issued as replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blackjagmike said:
Ive been very lucky in comparison.

On your list 8) - I got to rip to media centre when spending 1st evening of ownership on the drive with the manual up on my iPad but it seemed to split the album into 2/3 albums. Therefore I decided to put music on a USB stick as I noticed the USB ports are Superspeed ones. This has worked brill ever since - Obviously in conjunction with your audio settings!!! I do still have a cd in the car and regularly get issue 11 - sometimes it recognises the tracks and artist other times it likes me to guess!! But I've got 200 albums on the USB so that gets far more hammer and its been faultless - even managed to get artist info that i hadn't been able to get on my iMac/itunes!!

Your issues are more serious - esp the parking sensors, rear camera and sunroof I would want those things fixing but try the music on USB it only took me about 30 mins to transfer 200 albums to the v3.0 USB- its transfer rates are awesome!!

Hope they find the root cause of the issues and you get fixed first time for all time.
Thanks Mike will definitely give that a go. I want to copy music to the media server as then you have voice control which is pretty useful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Hi JLR how do you notice that the 3G drops ? I've not really been looking out for it as not sure I use it much
Sat Nav uses I understand but I've not really needed it,
3G logo from Nav screen disappears and is replaced by three scrolling dots as it tries to reconnect. I'd say on an average journey around London I lose 3G for around 30% of the time. I first realised this was happening when I was stuck in gridlock traffic on the M4 when it was shut on Sunday. Wondered why Nav hadn't warned me then noticed I had no 3G.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
My advice to support any claim for rejection is video your own issues. Play the game defend your own case whilst sharing your experience here. My 12 videos went off to JLR together with my 6 weeks notice of repair, failure of which will result in car being rejected, and a full same as spec being issued as replacement.
I'm up to about 6 or 7 videos. More to do this weekend!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Mbadger77 said:
Hi JLR how do you notice that the 3G drops ? I've not really been looking out for it as not sure I use it much
Sat Nav uses I understand but I've not really needed it,
3G logo from Nav screen disappears and is replaced by three scrolling dots as it tries to reconnect. I'd say on an average journey around London I lose 3G for around 30% of the time. I first realised this was happening when I was stuck in gridlock traffic on the M4 when it was shut on Sunday. Wondered why Nav hadn't warned me then noticed I had no 3G.
will have to keep an eye on that.. Was sat in the car in the drive and noticed the 3G reception only showing 1 bar with the Three SIM. I have a Three SIM in my in my phone and that had 4G full reception and was downloading at 40Mbps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah might be an antenna problem. Outside my house I don't get any 3G signal in the car at all, but I do live in a weak 3G area, although my iPhone will hold onto the signal. I would have expected the car, with it's large antenna to do a better job than my iPhone. Will keep monitoring. Feedback from others would be really useful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
6. Sunroof one-touch opening intermittently not working
7. Pano blind jams in half open position
You've probably seen the manual,

http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2017/T19962/23624_en_GBR/proc/G1923525

But when battery is disconnected there's a sunroof reset option. Granted you shouldn't have to do this but when they transport the cars they disconnect battery, could be just a PDI numpty user error? Doesn't seem to hard to do, self fix could be better than Jaguar workshop!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Rav ... tried that to no avail ... it has to go in anyway for the bumper realignment .. frustratingly it has to go via their bodyshop first as they have to ask Jaguar for permission to fix the problem! Anyway it means they will have the car for 2 or 3 days so they should have plenty of time to work their way through the issues and hopefully the ICTP fix will be available. So far I'm remaining patient and none of this has dented my enjoyment so far. That position will rapidly change if the car comes back without all issues resolved!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
+1 for 3G drop put even when stationary in a town centre with full 4G coverage normally. Anyone reported it and has a job reference so we can reference it when the "we have never seen that before" comments come out..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car has gone for it's extended visit to the dealer today.

They have now admitted to me that the ICTP issues are widespread. There was one other guy in the waiting room with an identical list to me. There was also another owner (FP FE I think) with some of the same problems including the 3G drop out. When I went through my list with the technician he said "yes we are seeing a lot of that one".

Amusingly there was also a guy dropping off a new F-Type with some gremlins including the remote app that was telling him his rear windows were open!! Er?????

The service manager admitted to me that many of the issues on the list might need to wait for the delayed release of the ICTP update.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Hoping that's out soon. Got mine booked in also so with a bit of luck I can be one of the first testers :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK so my FP has been back at the dealer all week ... just collected it today. Anyone want to have a guess how many of the 15 items on the list have been fixed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
OK so my FP has been back at the dealer all week ... just collected it today. Anyone want to have a guess how many of the 15 items on the list have been fixed?
I'm going to go for 4
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top