Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

The ideal petrol for svr

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BRG SVR 
#1 ·
I have been running my 22 plate fpace svr on E10 its been ok but have had some running issues on startup and lower mpg than others get on here
does anyone know if they have run on both e10 and higher grade and if they saw or noticed any differences

#6 ·
I use E10 standard supermarket unleaded in my 3.0P SC F-Pace but the 5.0P SC XKR doesn't like that so fuel it with Esso Synergy 99+. I get lower MPG if I use E10, the engine can be heard to pink at times, a slightly rough idle and just feels "better" when running on high octane fuel. Same engine as your SVR but the car is now 11 years old, there maybe some changes Jaguar did to it over the years.

#7 ·
Thats good to know. As mine has a rough idle which i have assumed all way through was a fault. Same as lower mpg than others. Now i do think its a fuel issue. So will have to run it low and refuel with higher octane for a few tanks & see if any change. Thanks for info really helpful

#8 ·
High performance cars need premium fuel, they will run on E10 but you won’t get the performance, just lower MPG. Some say most cars get better MPG from super premium fuel, enough to justify the cost I’m not sure.

#9 ·
I use a mix of both on mine! I’ve done nearly 12k in 10 months and too be honest don’t really notice any discernible difference between E10 and E5 - certainly not enough to benefit the extra spend (ran just shell vpower for the first 4months)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.