Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the amber engine warning light came on when I was driving, There was no message associated with it and the car was behaving normally but, obviously, I was concerned, particularly as I'm due to drive to Wales on Friday which is a 150 mile journey.

When I got home I rang my local Jaguar main dealer in Slough (the car is still under warranty). I thought I'd be very lucky if they could take the car in and sort out the problem tomorrow but I hoped that they could at least do a diagnostic check to locate the fault and tell me whether the car would make it to Wales and back. If they thought it would I'd do the trip and get them to sort out the problem next week. If they thought there was a risk of a breakdown I would make other travel arrangements.

I never even got to speak to a service advisor. The receptionist said that they were all engaged but after I'd explained the urgency of the matter she said she would get someone to call me back. While I was waiting, and knowing that these mysterious warnings or 'faults' often disappear after the car has been shut down and restarted, I fired it up but the warning light still showed. When over an hour had elapsed with no call from the dealer I rang again but no-one answered the phone. I tried again ten minutes later and managed to speak to a (different) receptionist. After I'd explained the problem and its urgency again she said that all the advisors were still busy and she suggested that I should call out Jaguar Assist. I didn't think the latter were there to deal with problems like mine but, nevertheless, I let her transfer the call to them.

What a contrast in attitude and efficiency! Within 45 minutes of speaking to Jaguar Assist a mechanic was on my doorstep. He was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful and sorted out the problem in half an hour. In a nutshell, it was dirt in the throttle assembly which wasn't serious enough to manifest itself when driving but enough to cause the engine management system to throw a wobbly, hence the warning light.

The episode has left me with good feelings about Jaguar Assist but, at the same time, my opinion of main dealers has been reinforced.

Registered
Yes all dealers (well most ) are the same have your money then don't give a s*** .
Jaguar assist want you returning in the future to keep buying there vehicles hence they treat you like royalty. The dealers do this until you sign on the dotted line .
I had a few small problems contacted jaguar half a hour later rang the dealer as I was on the phone my file from them was put on his desk

Registered
I've used Jaguar Assist (AA) due to incompetency of the dealers. Always sent someone who knew what they were talking about. It took three goes for the dealership to accept their diagnosis though.

Registered
It's not Just Jaguar, I had the same problem with my previous car, a Disco Sport, couldn't get the Dealer to even look at my problem, no heat from the system at all and as it was approaching Christmas all they could offer was a slot in January. After explaining, quite forcefully! that this was not acceptable they said call Land Rover Assist. I called and within an hour I had a guy on the drive, fixed the problem in less than half an hour. Moral of the story if you have a problem call your Assist service.

Registered
Oddly, Marshalls in Oxford South are being very helpful this week looking at an AdBlue issue with my soon to be departed Disco Sport.

Just pop it in tomorrow and we'll have a look - quite a refreshing change!

Might have something to do with the 拢(cough) I'm spending on Saturday with them on my new toy [and No the Disco isn't going back to them on PX].

Registered
I have had to have Jag Assist out 3 times in the last 2 years. They have been quick, professional and sorted out the problem. This also applies to the Jag assist person when you press the Red button in the car to be connected. They are professional, listen and want to help.

Registered
Rog_N said:
Oddly, Marshalls in Oxford South are being very helpful this week looking at an AdBlue issue with my soon to be departed Disco Sport.
Oxford south? You mean didcot?

Flub!

Registered
What's described on this thread is exactly my experience. Jaguar assistance were excellent. The chap that turned up helpful knowledgeable and courteous. The dealer it went to to be repaired was hopeless. I only knew where the car was because of the tracker.

Registered
Today the amber engine warning light came on when I was driving, There was no message associated with it and the car was behaving normally but, obviously, I was concerned, particularly as I'm due to drive to Wales on Friday which is a 150 mile journey.

When I got home I rang my local Jaguar main dealer in Slough (the car is still under warranty). I thought I'd be very lucky if they could take the car in and sort out the problem tomorrow but I hoped that they could at least do a diagnostic check to locate the fault and tell me whether the car would make it to Wales and back. If they thought it would I'd do the trip and get them to sort out the problem next week. If they thought there was a risk of a breakdown I would make other travel arrangements.

I never even got to speak to a service advisor. The receptionist said that they were all engaged but after I'd explained the urgency of the matter she said she would get someone to call me back. While I was waiting, and knowing that these mysterious warnings or 'faults' often disappear after the car has been shut down and restarted, I fired it up but the warning light still showed. When over an hour had elapsed with no call from the dealer I rang again but no-one answered the phone. I tried again ten minutes later and managed to speak to a (different) receptionist. After I'd explained the problem and its urgency again she said that all the advisors were still busy and she suggested that I should call out Jaguar Assist. I didn't think the latter were there to deal with problems like mine but, nevertheless, I let her transfer the call to them.

What a contrast in attitude and efficiency! Within 45 minutes of speaking to Jaguar Assist a mechanic was on my doorstep. He was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful and sorted out the problem in half an hour. In a nutshell, it was dirt in the throttle assembly which wasn't serious enough to manifest itself when driving but enough to cause the engine management system to throw a wobbly, hence the warning light.

The episode has left me with good feelings about Jaguar Assist but, at the same time, my opinion of main dealers has been reinforced.
I have just returned from a 2000 mile road trip to Scotland in my 2018 RSport Petrol. Engine management light came on when I switched from Normal to ECO setting. Checked out , reset and fine for 1000 miles then came back. Checked reset and off again! To me, it seems the emission sensor doesn鈥檛 like switching from ECO TO Normal as it鈥檚 just come in again! I am acquiring a 拢40 OBCD reader and reset tool as I feel this is going to be a recurring issue. No problem whatsoever with performance though!

Registered
Eco mode? No aircon etc....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts