Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to say I'm really impressed and at times amazed by the kit they have. It's obviously got one or two issues and some people have big problems but so far generally so good. A few quirks and a times a bit slow to react (startup and trying to reverse without waiting for example)

Camera at front to pickup road markings and signs to inform via the dash most the time (doesn't always work but amazed at seeing it as didn't have a clue it existed !)
Signing in with a profile, connecting the car to wifi and of course having then 3G hotspot etc - I know probably mainstream for many cars these days but new to me,

Touch pro is simply brilliant for sat Nav. The sat Nav itself is a huge step forward and the way it works across two displays is great. Closing your windows via an app and starting the car etc etc.

Just so many little bits to it that make the whole experience really stand out. Then you have the drive, engine etc.

Loving it so far

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back to the engineering bit can I add about the assisted braking ? Felt there was.
Had to do an near emergency stop from 60 - 10 and turn a bit to avoid animal in road and it was like one of those adverts - really calm, no skidding or drama
Everyone calm and the wildlife lived.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Camera at front to pickup road markings and signs to inform via the dash most the time (doesn't always work but amazed at seeing it as didn't have a clue it existed !)
Signing in with a profile, connecting the car to wifi and of course having then 3G hotspot etc - I know probably mainstream for many cars these days but new to me,

Touch pro is simply brilliant for sat Nav. The sat Nav itself is a huge step forward and the way it works across two displays is great. Closing your windows via an app and starting the car etc etc.
Do you have surround camera system? (wondering what the fatal options combo is for ICTP meltdown - probably mine! :D

Have you tried sat nav on motorway - does it give upcoming junctions service stations as before? I ask as the *@#£ Renault hire car I have doesn't which is very annoying!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done some motorway and didn't notice any obvious services but always has options for fuel etc if you want it.
Don't have surround cameras just rear.

On another note the blind monitor and reverse sensor kicked in today parked in Ludlow. Was an angle with no no view on reverse. Engaged reverse ca,era slow to react as it is sometimes but the monitor kicked in and beeped and provided a helpful aid. I even held in reverse to let a few more cars come past and see how it works. Very good :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mbadger77 said:

Just so many little bits to it that make the whole experience really stand out. Then you have the drive, engine etc.

Loving it so far
Thank goodness, some ITCP good news, ok some oddities, but when it works, it is awesome, and that is why we all paid so much for the upgrade! The two screen view is excellent from what I have seen, and it worked then too

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
Have to say I'm really impressed and at times amazed by the kit they have. It's obviously got one or two issues and some people have big problems but so far generally so good. A few quirks and a times a bit slow to react (startup and trying to reverse without waiting for example)

Loving it so far
wait until you start pushing the cornering and feel the torque vectoring kicking in, again not unusual these days, but my first experience of it and it's deeply impressive, easily out corners my old Audi A5 Quattro Coupe......

·
Registered
142 Posts
Have to give praise to the high beam assist and the LED lights are fantastic, especially on high beam. Having come from Mercs intelligent high beam assist which was quite honestly useless with people constantly flashing me as it never reacted quick enough, the Jag's system is extremely quick to react (much quicker than me) and no flashes yet. The only issue I had was driving through a small village with no street lights and lots of parked cars and it constantly kept going from high to dipped beam but I can live with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts