Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my FP yesterday, 4 month wait, was not due until November!

Anyway.

I thought that you were able to view, send receive text messages with the ICTP via a connected phone. Does anyone know if I am imagining it, or they ave done it.

Also, how does the text system from the navigation work to send alerts, tried it last night, and it said the message was sent, but it was a not received.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hey bigfoot

SMS read function not available on ICTP .. only on the standard ICT.

Nav ETA alerts I have managed to get working but only via email. I am wondering if because I have a data only SIM fitted (therefore not SMS compatible) that might be the issue?? Try the email option to prove it's working. It's actually yet again a half-baked feature .. tell you why ... as soon as you select the option it will send the ETA based on the nav calculation. So let's say you start a 2hr journey at 1pm. It will send an email to say your ETA is 3pm. Now, you can select at what point it sends an update, let's say 20 mins late. So, when you hit a traffic jam and the nav decides you will actually arrive at 3.20pm it will send another message with your new ETA.

Now here's the daft bit ... the traffic clears and you zoom off making up all your lost time. In fact your ETA is now 2.40pm .. but there's no trigger for arriving early! So you rock up at 2.40pm and find your friends have actually popped out quickly because they thought you were going to be late.

If this sounds like a real example that's 'cos it is!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Hey bigfoot

SMS read function not available on ICTP .. only on the standard ICT.

Nav ETA alerts I have managed to get working but only via email. I am wondering if because I have a data only SIM fitted (therefore not SMS compatible) that might be the issue?? Try the email option to prove it's working. It's actually yet again a half-baked feature .. tell you why ... as soon as you select the option it will send the ETA based on the nav calculation. So let's say you start a 2hr journey at 1pm. It will send an email to say your ETA is 3pm. Now, you can select at what point it sends an update, let's say 20 mins late. So, when you hit a traffic jam and the nav decides you will actually arrive at 3.20pm it will send another message with your new ETA.

Now here's the daft bit ... the traffic clears and you zoom off making up all your lost time. In fact your ETA is now 2.40pm .. but there's no trigger for arriving early! So you rock up at 2.40pm and find your friends have actually popped out quickly because they thought you were going to be late.

If this sounds like a real example that's 'cos it is!!
I can deal with the arriving early bit, as we rarely leave on time anyway!
Bit disappointing the ICTP will not do messages, bit short sighted really.

On the nav, i have managed to get it to share an address, by text, and my sim is data only, but it only shares the destination, no ETA. when it arrives, it comes from a jaguar ID on the text meggase.

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
Maybe once Jaguar sort out all the ITCP issues it has they could work on an App that will do this on the pro-system.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have had it send an sms from a data only sim in the car.
You need to have a profile and be logged in, or at least have logged in so that the destination is 'in the system'.
bit flaky - part of the problem is that you can't tell from many (or any?) of the various screens if you are logged in or not!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Mine sends messages from ICTP BUT when the signal drops out (as it does randomly) if your message was being sent at that time, it doesn't resend it. Cue a little hit and miss with the performance on the SMS notifications at the moment. I send one daily to the wife for research purposes.... and it really pi$$es her off :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok worked it out.

It was only sharing the destination and not the ETA or delays. You have to tap the bar at the base of the screen that has the journey info ( miles to destination and time etc) and then it brings up a sharing screen, where you can use either text or email.

It would be better if the choice at the destination entry screen was of either share destination or share ETA, rather than going into a different screen once its up and running.

I have a three, data only, sim card, and it sent text just fine, so i think it uses the car communication with JLR to send it. The texts arrive on the phone as if sent form Jaguar and not a random mobile number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.