Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo, test driving the Macan Diesel S tomorrow at West london Porsche and then booked in to Test f-pace Diesel S on 23rd April at Guy Salmon Thames Ditton at 2pm. Looking forward to both!

Anybody know what the delivery times are on the 3.0D-S?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I took a macan out a couple of months ago - to get a comparison before putting my deposit down on the fpace - it's a great drive, but was too small for me as I have 2 kids to put in the back, little legroom - and it's a bit ugly, take off the Porsche bade and it's quite underwhelming to look at - Too many caveats - extensive options list, small boot, only partial leather seats- fpace ticked more boxes for me, but hey, a Porsche is a porsche.......

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm my second Cayenne and have had 3 911's, I too do not like the look of the Macan (personal choice), long live the F PACE :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are the Latest delivery times on the 3.0D-S if ordering within the next couple of weeks? (South East/London)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Pegasus85 said:
What are the Latest delivery times on the 3.0D-S if ordering within the next couple of weeks? (South East/London)
They were saying sept / oct but in a few weeks that will be next year but that was one dealer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Pegasus85 said:
They were saying sept / oct but in a few weeks that will be next year but that was one dealer
Thanks Mbadger

I was very impressed with the Porsche - it felt very special. Quality of the thing was outstanding (currently driving an A5 Quattro convertible), and ride was very good. Looking forward to pitting it against the F Pace S tomorrow at Thames Ditton. Interestingly if the above quote is correct then both the F-Pace and Macan would have similar delivery times...I am genuinely torn between these two cars. They even cost the same after the spec I want! Aaargh!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Pegasus85 said:
I was very impressed with the Porsche - it felt very special. Quality of the thing was outstanding (currently driving an A5 Quattro convertible), and ride was very good. Looking forward to pitting it against the F Pace S tomorrow at Thames Ditton. Interestingly if the above quote is correct then both the F-Pace and Macan would have similar delivery times...I am genuinely torn between these two cars. They even cost the same after the spec I want! Aaargh!
Build quality is something that Porsche do exceedingly well but I found the ride a little on the harsh side of firm for my liking, I also notice you didn't mention the road noise of the Macan, these are two areas where I know you will see a big difference compared with the FP as it excels in both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went to test drive the F-Pace DS on Saturday - didn't make my job of choosing between the two any easier! Another astounding car really. The only thing I could fault was the plastic near the bottom of the doors looked a bit cheap, apart from that highlights for me were:

- Gorgeous looking beast, a real presence on the road, the thing is a monster in the flesh.
- Tonnes of space, especially in the rear
- Very eager engine, with a rather fantastic whooshing noise (trying to think of a better word here ha)
- Ride was sublime, even on the 22's.
- Infotainment was great - felt very up to date and quick

Negatives
- Aforementioned plastic quality around the bottom of the doors
- Engine note was perhaps a little too quiet in the car

Porsche and the Jag very different animals, but I get the impression of more 'value for money' with the jag? In the sense you seem to get more for your money...

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
How did the test drives go? A bit late to the forum but... I'm selling my Macan for the F-Pace. Before the Macan I had a Cayenne and whilst I love a Porsche there are many elements of the Macan that make it a very impractical as a small SUV, particularly for city living with small children: Limited space in the rear seats, compromised boot opening and boot space (I can't get my 7 year old sons bike in without taking the front wheel off), there is a massive pause/dead pedal before reverse kicks in and then it shoots back at 20 mph (I reverse park roughly 4-6 times a day so this gets tiresome) and the steering is incredibly heavy unless you spec the 'power steering plus'. However, it is amazing to drive, particularly on country roads, and that is one area I hope the F-Pace will compete on.

·
Registered
948 Posts
The Macan will feel more involving and connected to the road but in every other area the F-Pace destroys it......PERIOD.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have owned a Macan S (petrol) and now a F-Pace FE.

The FE is miles bigger, rides better even on 22" rims and in normal everyday use is a match for a macan in the corners. The macan might have a slight edge on a race track but how many of us are going to do that. The infotainment system is much better in the FE but I have not seen the newer version of PCM in the Macan

Quality wise the Jaguar lower plastics aren't great but if I'm honest you don't really see them and if you don't pay extra the macan dashboard isn't that great compared to the F-Pace.

From a build quality perspective my F-Pace is much better than my Macan was. I had loads of issues from day one - rattles, leaking washer jet, alarm going off every hour or so, misaligned door which collided with wing, car arrived with a small ding in door, plastic trim cracked.......the list goes on.

And then you only have to look at them together, the F-Pace makes the Macan look like a ugly duckling. Someone posted a picture on here somewhere with a Macan parked next to an F-Pace but I can't locate it at the moment.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Completely agree. Arianne.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your replies, really pleased to here there are other people swapping Macans for F-Paces. I'm yet to drive the F-Pace as I'm down for the petrol (currently have the Macan S Diesel) and no dealers near me have one in yet. Would love to see a photo of them next to each other! Does anyone who's down for the petrol F-Pace have a delivery date yet? I put my name down September 2015 and have just been told I've got an end of August delivery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts