Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my dealer today to get a speaker replaced and to update the system (K383 mainly for adaptive suspension which seems to have done the trick).
They had 3 F-Pace and 2 were next to each other.
I thought that both were Ammonite and didn't look the same so I checked and actually one was Ammonite and the other one Tempest.

To me Tempest is the best color with Polaris white ! It looks great and much better than Ammonite:
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Grille


What do you think?
 

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe but I'm really disappointed by the ammonite grey which I expected to look like the tempest.
The tempest actually doesn't look good at all on the configurator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Bonkers said:
It doesn't look £1045 better!
Agreed!

Also I think the black pack makes the left hand one look nicer as well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hello
Can some one tell me which one is Tempest Grey.
Left or Right
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Hey, 12g, all the way from NZ, the one on the left, the R-Sport without the registration plate, is the Tempest.
I reckon it looks good with the black pack trim too. Still love my black-packed Ammonite though :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Mig said:
I was at my dealer today to get a speaker replaced and to update the system (K383 mainly for adaptive suspension which seems to have done the trick).
They had 3 F-Pace and 2 were next to each other.
I thought that both were Ammonite and didn't look the same so I checked and actually one was Ammonite and the other one Tempest.

To me Tempest is the best color with Polaris white ! It looks great and much better than Ammonite:
View attachment 1576

What do you think?
Trouble is comparing an R-Sport front with black pack and a Portfolio without. Two totally different looks. Need to compare like models really!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Looks far better with black pack in my view. Love the darker greys as well
Just not keen on this range of silver / alloy wheels as always liked a good looking silver alloy but this lot....
Hate the grey plastic valance as well so forced into black packs and black wheels.

I like this pic though grey and black looks nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
CarlFRZ434 said:
Mig said:
I was at my dealer today to get a speaker replaced and to update the system (K383 mainly for adaptive suspension which seems to have done the trick).
They had 3 F-Pace and 2 were next to each other.
I thought that both were Ammonite and didn't look the same so I checked and actually one was Ammonite and the other one Tempest.

To me Tempest is the best color with Polaris white ! It looks great and much better than Ammonite:
View attachment 1576

What do you think?
Trouble is comparing an R-Sport front with black pack and a Portfolio without. Two totally different looks. Need to compare like models really!
Hi Carl

I noticed an R Sport badge on the grill of your FPace. I don't think that's standard? Where can I get one? I have an RSport on order. Thanks Jonny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
^ Carl, that's the nicest compliment you can get. Unsolicited but someone noticed! Now for some images of the side badges?

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Hi Jonnyzander and thanks :D

Dealer ordered me front and rear. Rear is easy just stick it on. They don't make a front one for the FP so front came with a black mount with fins on the back, presumably for an XE. Basically you sand off the fund to get a flat back to the mount. Stick the badge into the mount and carefully find right position to rest the mount on three raised points of the grille, as it's not flat!! They will be your fixing points - superglue!! Job Done!

As Arianne has asked so politely :D :lol: :lol: you git! :lol:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Just be careful ordering cheap Chinese eBay ones, I seem to recall Jags Cat saying the rear badges are huge. Not sure if he had bought one or like me saw the picture and either it was a big badge or the guy had small hands?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
Carl, I am so glad you are back on form and happy again. Every good forum needs folk like you to keep it interesting and live. I assume that you and your F-Pace are now at one, happily wedded again?

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Arianne said:
Carl, I am so glad you are back on form and happy again. Every good forum needs folk like you to keep it interesting and live. I assume that you and your F-Pace are now at one, happily wedded again?

Arianne
.

Errrrr I don't think so Arianne I think he is just being a good forum citizen whilst fuming about the state of his ITCP related issues....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
Hi all, with ref the R-sport decals.... When I looked at the description the sizes were a lot bigger than the standard OEM ones and the quality didn't look as good when I zoomed in either.. So like Carl said buyer beware!!.
Agree with Arrianne that the forum works well here beacause of the people and characters that supply and support it regularly with posts!
Hope things get sorted soon Carl, as when this machine is behaving itself it is a fantastic drive.... T/C off and had the ass end hanging out on a private road yesterday :eek: :shock:... Quite easy in a RWD / manual variant mind.
Not something for every weekend though as Mrs cat might start asking questions :? And she uses clever techniques when interviewing people at work for fraud investigations :eek: :eek:.
For info this is what a current OEM R-sport decal on grill looks like!

Back on topic... Are you sure that's not strom grey as that looks very different than the tempest I saw on an XE when deciding colour ?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
^ I see your fly collection is beginning to build up nicely on the radiator vanes. Spotted a Mayfly and a moth in there - very rare, well done!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
You need to get out more :? ... Or stay locked indoors away from screens more... :eek: :eek: :shock: :lol: :lol:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure it's Tempest as a Storm Grey F-Type was next to another Tempest F-Pace in the showroom.
Storm Grey is far darker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Hi Guys believe me I absolutely adore the car and dream of the day either it or a replacement runs with a fully functioning ICTP. For that I despise the car everything else I agree is superb!!! So I'm afraid my character may be around for a while. As we have said we are all here for the aid and support of each other's grumbles and gripes, as Jaguar definitely don't seem to be concerned or helpful! I don't care what you lot say Catwoman, JagsCat and myself have the best cars as they are all Ammonite and 2.0l so thrwarrrp!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top