Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XJ had the option of defining a key on the home menu that would immediately set the navigation destination to be my home. The F Pace allows for an entirely customised home screen - a helpful improvement - but then I haven't found a way to get my home destination as one of the buttons on my customised home screen.

Has anyone else tried?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
How did you customise the home screen. I tried once but it didn't seem to work.
I'm getting mine wiped soon with the update whenever that drops but will be good to know for future.

Thanks

·
Banned
444 Posts
I wouldn't dream of setting my home address in the "Take me home". It is a security risk do you want someone who has possibly stolen your key, or who has access to your vehicle, such as a valet parker, knowing your address?

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
How did you customise the home screen. I tried once but it didn't seem to work.
I'm getting mine wiped soon with the update whenever that drops but will be good to know for future.

Thanks
From the home screen press and hold the screen where there is no icons, you should then get a new screen where you can swipe through various options, click on one and then click on the icon you want.

Hope that sort of makes sense.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I haven't become forgetful enough to not know where I live..... maybe one day it will be useful. LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Russell said:
I wouldn't dream of setting my home address in the "Take me home". It is a security risk do you want someone who has possibly stolen your key, or who has access to your vehicle, such as a valet parker, knowing your address?
That's a very good point, never thought of the idea of this., you will be advertising where you live and if they have your keys its a bad move.

Off to remove this off mine now, i can get to my home from 20 miles in all directions so will just set a destination i know how to get home from in the future.

·
Banned
444 Posts
In addition I also did not programme my homelink buttons that sit under the rear view mirror.

I prefer to keep my garage door remote with my keys otherwise once they have the car and press the Take me Home Button on the GPS they would have direct access to your garage and in some cases your home!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As with previous people posting, I don't put in my precise home address. I like to set my home address in the sat nav on long journeys not because I have a problem knowing how to get home but because the sat nav gives me the mileage (so I know if I'll need to stop for fuel) and estimated arrival time.

I know how to create quick links on the customised home screen. The problem is that I can't find the option of choosing a quick link to a specific saved destination from among the quick link options. Anyone know how?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts