Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my F-Pace fully locked and I open the tail gate using the button by the camera, it opens fine. If I then press this button to shut the tailgate I get a double beep and nothing happens. I have to unlock the car and close the tailgate with the fob relock with the fob. The gesture tailgate works for opening and closing (while locked) but whilst this is fun, its a bit over kill to just get something out of the boot quickly, plus I'm just recovering from a knee injury so standing on one leg is a risk! :)

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Golf2016 said:
Don't understand how you can open with button near camera if vehicle is fully locked :cool:
I should have said, Portfolio edition with keyless entry... that might make this easier to understand! Sorry!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This suggests the smart key cannot be found, I've also had two instances of having to put key next to sensor inside the car to start it (I never had one instance with my old XF), it is possible the fault is with the key fob! I'll try the spare and see if this improves things! Thanks, hadn't considered the fob!

Also thanks for the site address, much easier than the hand book!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It worked fine with spare fob - maybe my fob is defective. I will replace battery first as cheap and quick option, failing this, Jaguar will need to provide me with a new fob, its only 2 weeks old!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A bit worrying though, the XF keyless entry was fine with batteries, 2 years 9 months before it told me fob battery was weak. Which is why I suspect the fob is slightly faulty, the car will probably tell me if signal is weak but won't tell me the fob is knackered!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Second key gave me the same problem yesterday, so either (a) its east batteries!!! or (b) the rear key sensor is intermittently working. May have to get it checked, got one other issue now see stop/start thread

·
Registered
168 Posts
From the user manual:

Tailgate exterior release button: Press to open the tailgate.

NOTES
The tailgate external release operates when both of the doors are unlocked and the gear selector is in the Park (P) position. When the gear selector is in the Neutral (N) position, the external release operates only if both of the doors are unlocked, and the ignition is in convenience mode or switched off. It does not operate if the gear selector is in any other position.

Tailgate release button: Press to close, stop or open the tailgate.

The tailgate can also be opened using the following methods:

The interior tailgate release button. See OPENING AND CLOSING THE LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT.

The smart key's tailgate release button.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Solution!
Seems there is a bug in the system somewhere. Car is locked, open tailgate with gesture, try to close with the tailgate button but get a double beep. Tailgate will close using key fob or a second gesture but not with tailgate button.
To reset: unlock car, open tailgate with dash button. Close car door (leave unlocked), close tailgate with tailgate button and lock car.
With car locked, open tailgate with gesture. Tailgate will now close with tailgate button.
As a matter of interest, the problem will recur if the tailgate is opened using the dash button and then closed using the tailgate button - the cause and solution are the same!
Only taken me three years of ownership to work out the cause and solution to this petty annoyance!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I used to have that problem but it was dismissed by the dealer and hasn't reoccurred lately. What software version are you on?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Mine works when the car doors are locked and will also close and then confirm the vehicle is locked again with a double flash. Handy if you want to pop something int he boot without opening car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I noticed this problem a few time with the double beep.
Take a step back from the open boot and try again and it closes with the boot button.
The car is sensing the fob in your pocket thinking it's in the car stopping it from closing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Same here like Smitten although at the moment it doesn't because for quite some time I've disabled the keyless entry which stops that bit working and the gesture tailgate so at the moment I too have to use the key fob if I want to open boot whilst leaving rest of car locked and also have to close it with fob as well but just for that scenario only. If car is already unlocked then I can open/close boot using all available methods.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts