Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just been in a showroom and noticed the tailgate was out of alignment, quite obvious on white, not so much on dark colours.
Worth people checking theirs
Photo attached ( I hope )

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The electric tailgate closing is the issue. My Evoque went out of alignment . Started catching roof shut line and scrubbed paint off. Had to be resprayed and refitted. Sounds and looks like same defect!

·
Registered
81 Posts
It also happened on the XF Sportbrake - I didn't have any paintwork damage, but the plastic cover on the latch on the tailgate was catching on the opening and looked very second hand by the time it was sorted. I suspect the 'fix' involved a large mechanic and a long spanner!

·
Registered
39 Posts
There are alignment issues all over mine if I was really picky. Rear door drivers side sits slightly proud of the rear quarter. Not a patch on Audi or merc for quality but I don't care... But like the wife, I Just squint a bit when I look at her... Beautiful

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
When you do the factory tour they say the accuracy of assembly is like 5,000 of an inch, so how come everything falls out of alignment by the time the cars hit the showrooms??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts