Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The system tells you your build date week ending. If it moves forward the date changes and if it slips it changes.
Mines stuck as it was due to be built before the shutdown. It's still showing end of last week. Hasn't updated and hasn't said its in build at the time either so it never made the conveyor ?
So I'm guessing they will start when back in August and the time will drop back to its original date.
Bit of a pain but not too upset now I know it missed it slot as not much I can do but wait for it and get under new Reg.
Just interested in their systems and how it all works now
I'm used to the disappointment :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Can you follow it without your dealer then?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
F-Pace S said:
Can you follow it without your dealer then?
No you have to go through dealer or get info from jag customer service
They don't know and shutdown I guess means complete shitdown to everything ? No info now until mid August

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
fpaceaddict said:
As a Jaguar Retailer, i can try and help answer any questions you may have regarding the process?
Hi .. What I would be interested in is your response to all the quality issues. Most dealers seem to tow the party line and issue very generic statements (as per Jag CS) that do nothing to make me feel confident in spending £60k+ on a product riddled with problems.

Your view much appreciated :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
fpaceaddict said:
As a Jaguar Retailer, i can try and help answer any questions you may have regarding the process?
Hi, I have a lockdown date of 8th Aug, build date of 9th Sept and expected delivery to my dealer of 7th Oct, my question is as a dealer in your experience how often are dates correct or do you get them earlier than expected

·
Registered
922 Posts
Great to have someone on the inside from the retail side!!! However I am sure that we need to bear in mind the position F pace addict could potentially find him / her self in. Advantages of using aliases I guess.
Wonder how many others here are closer to Jaguar On this forum.. i e test drivers,production workers and possibly R and D getting real world feedback if they have any sense!
Agree that some feedback the other way from someone in a position of knowledge would help our understanding of current problems and the best way of sorting them out to help everyone. :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fpaceaddict said:
I think most of us now understand the process reasonably well but not entirely. So you get a week ending build date, generally they stick to that though the Fpace has been jumping forward up to a month or so for many people.

I had mine moved to week ending July 22nd.
Factory has shut down so for 2 weeks no building.
Do all system updates also shut down ? Do all other operations such as delivering from compound to dealers stop ?
Mine is still showing 22nd July build date so what would you guess has happened. I presume nothing until 8th August and hopefully it's hit that slot then I'll get near end of August and I might as well leave it with dealer a week to get the 1st Sept Reg ?

Sound about right and any useful insights to the process ? It's all interesting for people who aren't involved and don't know how it all works .
Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine was delivered to the dealer on Wednesday an I collected it yesterday so they are delivering cars that have been built so there could be some hope

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doppleganger said:
Mine was delivered to the dealer on Wednesday an I collected it yesterday so they are delivering cars that have been built so there could be some hope
Oh I'm not hoping to be honest just interested in process as mine never flagged as been built so it's missed its slot and will be sorted when they re-open. Just found it odd the system didn't update and it still shows to be built by 22nd July.

Anyway at least you've given me info that they are still sending the cars out from compound so not every single element of the operation closes down.
I've decided to hold mine until Sept 1st now and will let the dealer contact me as its missed the July early Aug delivery so I'll wait and leave it at dealers now,

·
Registered
17 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
fpaceaddict said:
Hi .. What I would be interested in is your response to all the quality issues. Most dealers seem to tow the party line and issue very generic statements (as per Jag CS) that do nothing to make me feel confident in spending £60k+ on a product riddled with problems.

Apologies for the delay, a busy weekend was had!

In the interest of fairness i can only comment on my retailer and the vehicles we have so far provided to customers. We have delivered a relatively large number of F-PACE and haven't had any return to us for any of the noted problems on this forum. I appreciate many will say this is good luck rather than good management however I don't believe that to be true given the number we have delivered.

I am here to try and give people informed advice and guidance, certainly never to argue or cause offence and whilst I am bound to 'tow the company line' I do believe that a good dose of honesty and realism is often helpful!

My personal opinion is whilst it is unacceptable for anybody, purchasing anything, of any given value to experience faults, be it a motor vehicle or a mobile phone or a new home, these things can and do happen. What we tend to find in any retail sector is that the customers who have unfortunately experienced difficulties either through product faults or lacking customer service are much more vocal about them, either through forums or word of mouth, than those who have experienced none of the aforementioned issues and had a seamless, pleasurable purchasing and ownership experience. When people begin to research a new purchase they often start with the internet, which is often the location of the vocalized unfortunate experiences - it is far less often that you see a story of a delighted customer as this, quite rightly, should be the expected outcome.

F-PACE is an absolutely fantastic product but that isn't to say it is entirely infallible, which is true of any manufactured or constructed item. My advice would be to find a retailer you are comfortable with and have supreme confidence in, then should a fault occur you know it would be dealt with without delay and comprehensively :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
big jon said:
fpaceaddict said:
Hi, I have a lockdown date of 8th Aug, build date of 9th Sept and expected delivery to my dealer of 7th Oct, my question is as a dealer in your experience how often are dates correct or do you get them earlier than expected
Hi there!

Your build date of the 9th of September isn't as specific as it may seem - it basically means your vehicle will commence build 'week ending 9th of September'.

In my experience F-PACE has been coming slightly earlier (a week, ten days at the most) than the planned retailer delivery date but please don't take that as a given, some have come a great deal earlier, some have come slightly later.

I Hope that helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jags cat said:
Great to have someone on the inside from the retail side!!! However I am sure that we need to bear in mind the position F pace addict could potentially find him / her self in. Advantages of using aliases I guess.
Wonder how many others here are closer to Jaguar On this forum.. i e test drivers,production workers and possibly R and D getting real world feedback if they have any sense!
Agree that some feedback the other way from someone in a position of knowledge would help our understanding of current problems and the best way of sorting them out to help everyone. :D
Hi There,

That is exactly what i'm here for, a little advice and guidance, you guys may not all purchase from my retailer but you are Jaguar customers and as Tesco say, every little helps :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
fpaceaddict said:
I think most of us now understand the process reasonably well but not entirely. So you get a week ending build date, generally they stick to that though the Fpace has been jumping forward up to a month or so for many people.

I had mine moved to week ending July 22nd. By the 21st it wasn't showing as entering build stage on the system and was still showing as date to be built by 22nd July.
Factory has shut down so for 2 weeks no building.
Do all system updates also shut down ? Do all other operations such as delivering from compound to dealers stop ?
Mine is still showing 22nd July build date so what would you guess has happened. I presume nothing until 8th August and hopefully it's hit that slot then I'll get near end of August and I might as well leave it with dealer a week to get the 1st Sept Reg ?

Sound about right and any useful insights to the process ? It's all interesting for people who aren't involved and don't know how it all works .
Thanks
Hi There,

i will try and answer your questions as best as i can!

Do all system updates also shut down? - All relevant system updates will continue
Do all other operations such as delivering from compound to dealers stop? Deliveries will slow as that portion of the factory runs on skeleton staff.
Mine is still showing 22nd July build date so what would you guess has happened. I presume nothing until 8th August and hopefully it's hit that slot then I'll get near end of August and I might as well leave it with dealer a week to get the 1st Sept Reg? It is entirely a personal choice as to whether you would like it in September, my educated guess would be that your vehicle will complete its build process shortly after the factory recommences building and will arrive towards the end of August.

i hope that helps!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
fpaceaddict said:
JLRnumber5 said:
fpaceaddict said:

In the interest of fairness i can only comment on my retailer and the vehicles we have so far provided to customers. We have delivered a relatively large number of F-PACE and haven't had any return to us for any of the noted problems on this forum. I appreciate many will say this is good luck rather than good management however I don't believe that to be true given the number we have delivered.

I am here to try and give people informed advice and guidance, certainly never to argue or cause offence and whilst I am bound to 'tow the company line' I do believe that a good dose of honesty and realism is often helpful!

My personal opinion is whilst it is unacceptable for anybody, purchasing anything, of any given value to experience faults, be it a motor vehicle or a mobile phone or a new home, these things can and do happen. What we tend to find in any retail sector is that the customers who have unfortunately experienced difficulties either through product faults or lacking customer service are much more vocal about them, either through forums or word of mouth, than those who have experienced none of the aforementioned issues and had a seamless, pleasurable purchasing and ownership experience. When people begin to research a new purchase they often start with the internet, which is often the location of the vocalized unfortunate experiences - it is far less often that you see a story of a delighted customer as this, quite rightly, should be the expected outcome.

F-PACE is an absolutely fantastic product but that isn't to say it is entirely infallible, which is true of any manufactured or constructed item. My advice would be to find a retailer you are comfortable with and have supreme confidence in, then should a fault occur you know it would be dealt with without delay and comprehensively :D
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I find it almost unbelievable that you haven't had any cars back in for ICTP issues or to fix the rear suspension problem, but then my dealer tells me the same thing.

I find that almost more worrying. If there is an underlying problem with certain aspects of the car, and the problem is widespread, then it will certainly get dealt with (I say this in the full knowledge of Arianne's Volvo story!) however if these problems are affecting a small percentage of cars then there is a real potential for issues to go unresolved.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Your view much appreciated :)[/quote]

F-PACE is an absolutely fantastic product but that isn't to say it is entirely infallible, which is true of any manufactured or constructed item. My advice would be to find a retailer you are comfortable with and have supreme confidence in, then should a fault occur you know it would be dealt with without delay and comprehensively :D[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I find it almost unbelievable that you haven't had any cars back in for ICTP issues or to fix the rear suspension problem, but then my dealer tells me the same thing.

I find that almost more worrying. If there is an underlying problem with certain aspects of the car, and the problem is widespread, then it will certainly get dealt with (I say this in the full knowledge of Arianne's Volvo story!) however if these problems are affecting a small percentage of cars then there is a real potential for issues to go unresolved.[/quote]

Hi there,

I think a little more understanding of the process for identifying what are termed as 'common faults' may help - this process is true of any vehicle manufacturer, inclusive of JLR.

When a new issue such as the rear suspension creak is identified in the very first instance and reported to the retailer, they will send what is known as a technical request to the support team at JLR, they will then be issued with a correct course of rectification for the problem - if this is reported once, it stays as an isolated fix.

If this issue, or similar is reported numerous times (I have been told the number is 10) then this will be flagged as a reoccurring issue and further investigation will take place to identify what could potentially be a batch of a faulty component, a mis-aligned bracket, bolt not torqued correctly or software glitch. The collated data will be processed, the cause identified and VIN range of vehicles affected will be issued with what is called an update prior to sale, before they are released to customers to avoid the customer having any quality issues. If the vehicle has already been delivered to the customer prior to the issue being brought to attention then this will be classed as a normal 'Field Service Action' or recall to you and I!

No known issue will go unresolved unless the customer chooses to take their vehicle outside of the Jaguar network for any servicing work - as independent service centres don't have access to JLR's field service action lists.

I am in the privileged position of having the relevant information to hand of course, so please don't take this the wrong way - however I would be very cautious of calling an issue widespread when it affects less than 5% of all vehicles registered by the manufacturer to date.

Of course every manufacturers aim is to produce vehicles which are 100% fault free, however there is always an inherent risk with any product containing so many functional parts, that some may fail, at any given time, which I'm sure you folks actually buying these cars understand.. Unfortunately most of the disappointment can come from misinformation or lack of communication from your retailers!

Apologies for the essay!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Interestingly I had a chat with my Jag man, they have delivered more FP than most dealers, they have had one ICTP fail, fitted a new module and fixed next day for client. None of the other issues have arisen, and I know him well enough to know if he is lying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.