Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if you can swap the standard to the pro infotainment?

Possible to do?

Cost?

Many thanks

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'll start of by saying I don't know.

However, logically there can only be 2 answers.

The loom wiring is either the same for either system, or is different. If different the answer will be a fat No (unless you rip the car apart and pull a new loom wire in, which will costs thousands.

Assuming it's the same wiring and connection block on the back .... then it's possible.

How much ? I'd guess £2-3k

What??? you say, but it's only a £1000 extra!! Well ... taking one of the shelf new and installing it means you are getting a discount on the cost of the standard ... however to get new you won't be trading in your standard one ... so you'll pay full cost. Then there is fitting time, etc.. commissioning and programming ..etc..

No idea if Jag can do. Have you tried calling the Jag Service department ?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I would try here first and often get way more info!

Will try them and see just thought it was worth asking and am pretty sure it's a very very long shot!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks like it would be more straightforward to hang a new fpace in between the existing wing mirrors!!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I attempted an upgrade on my 2007 XKR and that was going to cost a small fortune (and involved new wiring) and that was with ancient tech ... so I think the answer is it's going to be hugely cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Given the number of posts on this forum with issues on factory installed ICTP why on earth would you risk doing something like this yourself? Also surely this would not be covered by any warranty, or indeed could nullify the whole warranty for the electrical side of the car! Would you not also have to replace the binnacle clocks etc?

Feels like I am missing something here!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
I would say its going to cost a lot of money and thats if and i say if you can buy all the items your need as i am sure there will be parts you can not.

The only possible way would be to buy a written off car and transfer but thats going to take a bucket load of time and money.

May be easier to sell and buy one with the pro system or just get the system you have upgraded if and when it becomes possible.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ICT works well, ICTP sounds like a work in progress, why would you want to ?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the posts, was just thinking about it nothing more!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Trade in the car for one with ICTPro, the exchange cost would be similar to the upgrade if at all possible, and it would have warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.