Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Have a 2021 SVR and it come without any spare wheel in our region. This option not available (as full size, same reduce). It is not a problem for daily ride, but can be qwestions during country road at winter time.
So, I would like to buy redused spare wheel. But it is huge problem.
In catalogues I can find 21" wheel - T4A42279. But it is only metal wheel, without tire. And no any possability to buy tire separately.
From other side, I can buy full set of 20" spare wheel T4A25710 (with tire) but dealer can not guarantee, that it is suitable for SVR through brakes size (395 mm on all wheels).

My qwestion is - if you own SVR with spare wheel - can you look for it size? Are they all 21"? And have anybody expirience with SVR and 20" wheels - are they 100% suitable with our "modest" brakes?
If you have 20" spare wheel in SVR, be so kind, make a foto.
My dealer would like to help. But as it option close for our region, they can not do a lot. Their program say nothing, when they use my VIN.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You also need the raised boot floor to carry a full-sized spare.

Not my image:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No ))) I`m not even think about full size spare wheel. This is to much )
Only reduced wheel - orange or black. Main qwestion - is it possible clothe 20" wheel to our brakes.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The space-saver (which is a 19" wheel with a 175/80/19 tyre) fits under the standard floor. Any other full width option (whether 18,19,20,21,22" wheels) needs the raised floor section.

No idea whether the space-saver fits over the front brakes of an SVR, but you if you get a puncture on the front you can put it on the rear and switch the standard rear onto the front. Not ideal, but it should get you home.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The US configurator has the option for a reduced section wheel so you'd expect the parts to be available.

I tried the dealer and they weren't able to find it. So I currently have a query open with the Jaguar experience team. Will post here as soon as I hear back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mik said:
The space-saver (which is a 19" wheel with a 175/80/19 tyre) fits under the standard floor. Any other full width option (whether 18,19,20,21,22" wheels) needs the raised floor section.

No idea whether the space-saver fits over the front brakes of an SVR, but you if you get a puncture on the front you can put it on the rear and switch the standard rear onto the front. Not ideal, but it should get you home.
You right, but not 100% )
Space saver wheel can be 18/19/20/21". It connect wth engine and equipment line. Space saver difference - just wide of wheel (7J). Biggest surprise is that dealer can order only wheel, without tire. Set tire+wheel you can receive only from poduction plant.
19" space wheel impossible use with SVR. And what about 20" - this question is open.
SVR 2021 come with euqal brakes front/rear - 395mm. Before, as I understand, rear brakes was 360mm. That is why I am not sure about 20" spare wheel for 2021 SVR model line.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a skinny spare which is fitted with a 175/70 R 20 tyre. From which I guess the wheel is 20inch. My SVR is 2019. I have used it briefly on the back and would be surprised if it didn't fit on the front, although I have not tried it.
Photo as requested.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all! Hope question is close. Think, that 20" it is exactly doctor said )
I take SVR for winter time and country side ride. But with 22" wheels it is a little bit spicy dish. When you have spare wheel in area without GSM - you feel self more easy )
Realy big thank!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jaguar customer experience finally came back to my query re SVR space saver wheel.

" The [production] team has advised we were unable to accommodate the reduced size spare wheel option for Europe on SVR at 21MY due to COVID restrictions at the time. Our Engineers were unable to commute to carry out the relevant testing, therefore this option was deleted.

Regrettably, we are unable to retrofit at this time. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused."

This sounds like a very strange reason to me since US model had it, so not sure what factor commute played and even after COVID lockdowns, US MY22 still offers it while UK doesn't.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's a great observation, hope you pursue it with them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That explanation seems reasonable to me.

Perhaps there are separate tests needed for approval of that spare wheel configuration in UK or EU markets, for certification of vehicle dynamics, stability, braking performance and so on.

Perhaps the reduced availability of engineering staff for on-site testing, owing to government covid regulations or site closures in UK or EU, meant that that testing could not be scheduled.

Testing resources may have been allocated to higher priority tasks, given the relatively small number of customers likely to specify a spacesaver wheel on an SVR in Europe, compared to overall vehicle production.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Agree, it seems reasonable alongside some further detail, but just saying we can't test (what testing is needed) in UK when it is available elsewhere is illogical without that further information.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heard back from Jaguar.

"The testing that wasn't carried out due to travel restrictions was a European classification only and didn't apply to North America.

Hence the 19MY spare wheel was able to be carried over to 21MY cars in the US. "

So basically 19MY SVR spare wheel parts will fit on 21MY. Jaguar stressed it must be the SVR parts due to the larger brakes. Tyre is then bought sized to existing wheels. They also added it was most like going to be rather expensive.

Advice was to hit up dealer parts department as they would be best placed to find all parts for 19MY SVR spare wheel, jack, underfloor moulding etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New time - new rules ))) of course it is through COVID )))) now any stuped situations finally are finished with these 5 magic letters...
Me personaly start to be very cold for spare wheel qwestion after this topic. Thanks again for all who reply. And I see not the best size of origin spare wheel. From my experience with 4x4 vehicle this difference can be critical if your come long distance. Axel differential operate corret if all 4 wheels are same size. That is why I was surprise when I see my MY21 SVR has rear wheels smaller than front in 22" size. It is only millimeters, but different. If you instal reduced spare wheel - you have 3 different size of tires in you car. And it seems to be not the best for 4x4 drive )))
I will try to order spare wheel from MY19 SVR, but I clear see it is compromise. May be very big compromise.

·
Registered
436 Posts
All space-saver wheel/tyres are intended to get you to your destination at a reduced speed - you're not supposed to run with them for longer than is absolutely necessary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts